yconic - Laurier and Mac Cutoff + Acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier and Mac Cutoff + Acceptances

A photo of jmb jmb
Hey just wondering if people have received post midterm Laurier acceptances yet for BBA. Also I know there is a post below me for Laurier Cut off but I have a unique situation.
(oh ya and mac business 1?)

Failed functions first semester, re taking it now at a private night school and i have a 95% will this affect my acceptance?
Also, I filled out a beautiful ABS form, I have alot of work experience and such
My average is 87.83%
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of g93 g93
With only a couple exceptions, schools do not care about repeated/private/night/summer school courses. Laurier and Mac don't care.

You will get an offer, as you are (just) above the cutoff for Laurier. They will not need to look at your ABS. You are well above the cutoff for Mac.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jmb jmb
After being accepted to Laurier BBA, what average does one need to maintain?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@jmb wrote
After being accepted to Laurier BBA, what average does one need to maintain?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
yeah so far i have not heard of one university that discriminates against private schools

i really regret not taking some private school courses, as lame as that might sound
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jmb jmb
haha i hope not. and ya private school courses are amazing for boosting averages.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sahana25 Sahana25

@Jack555 wrote
yeah so far i have not heard of one university that discriminates against private schools

i really regret not taking some private school courses, as lame as that might sound

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire

@g93 wrote
With only a couple exceptions, schools do not care about repeated/private/night/summer school courses. Laurier and Mac don't care.

You will get an offer, as you are (just) above the cutoff for Laurier. They will not need to look at your ABS. You are well above the cutoff for Mac.

Actually, I called up Laurier this afternoon and they informed me that the cutoff is sitting at 88 at the moment, and they are expecting it to increase.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@mxfire wrote

@g93 wrote

Actually, I called up Laurier this afternoon and they informed me that the cutoff is sitting at 88 at the moment, and they are expecting it to increase.

Yep, that was before this information was found out.

Which means they will look at OP's ABS
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire

@g93 wrote

@mxfire wrote

@g93 wrote

Yep, that was before this information was found out.

Which means they will look at OP's ABS

My apologies, didn't look at the date on the post. Don't worry OP, if your ABS is well written you should have a strong chance. They also informed me that my midterm marks have not gone in as of yet, so I guess all we can do is wait..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Business1234 Business1234
lol thats weird, laurier as competitive as queen's?

for queen's u maintain 80% lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Business1234 wrote
lol thats weird, laurier as competitive as queen's?

for queen's u maintain 80% lol

Really? Laurier you need to maintain an 82.

But Queen's you have to keep like an 80 in AF and Calculus and a 75 in English or something, right?

Laurier is only a 70 in English and AF, and a 65 in other 4U Math

Edit: and Queen's has the PSE and stuff, not just marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Business1234 Business1234
mmm yes 80 % in english.

i can literally drop like 13 % in each course...
shall i stop going to classes
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Business1234 wrote
mmm yes 80 % in english.

i can literally drop like 13 % in each course...
shall i stop going to classes

Scholarships?

I know with my Guelph offer, as long as 2 of my 4 courses this semester are 30%, I would keep my offer... except I would lose it because I wouldn't pass high school :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rohan Rohan

@mxfire wrote

@g93 wrote

Hold up, am I reading this right? They're expecting it to increase even more? Like, an 89!?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster

@Rohan wrote

@mxfire wrote

@g93 wrote

Hold up, am I reading this right? They're expecting it to increase even more? Like, an 89!?

It better not be! i don't wanna have to go to Nipissing blah hf asdhkfa
Was this helpful? Yes 0