yconic - Laurier BBA Acceptance Chance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier BBA Acceptance Chance

A photo of daveurjit daveurjit
Guys I applied for laurier's bba program and it is my first preference
My top 6 marks are:

90-international business
83-advanced functions
85-philosophy
87-calculus
79-law
75-english

I have an 83% average for my top 6 marks. I did the ABS form and it was well done. Will I get in??
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of SkylarNoeL SkylarNoeL
I believe you have a very strong chance in getting in.

You will have to wait till May before your offer comes in though :albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of daveurjit daveurjit
Really?? are u sure? Im freaking out over here! I thought an 83% top 6 was too low for Laurier's BBA program! I hope you're right
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SkylarNoeL SkylarNoeL
Copy and pasted this from what I wrote on another thread:

@SkylarNoeL wrote

Laurier's offer will come in May. If you haven't gotten an offer already, it's probably because your Grade 11 marks were crap. How Laurier's works is there are 3 stages of acceptance:

Feb/March Early Acceptance: Based solely on Gr. 11 marks

April Acceptance: Top 6 based off your top 3 Gr. 11 and top 3 Gr. 12

May Acceptance: Top 6 based off your top 6 Gr. 12 marks including req'd credits.

If you're underneath any admission average for the program you're applying to at Laurier but within 3% of it, your ABS can help you get in.

So basically with your 83% average, you can theoretically have a "Laurier" admission average of 86% which should easily be enough for Laurier's BBA, considering how Double Degree is only around 86% to 88%.

Again, you should be fine. Take it easy for a bit, relax, and don't fail your finals. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
I wanna be realistic with you...with an 83 I think your a long-shot to get into the BBA program...but im pretty sure u'll get an alternate offer to the economics program.

Good luck

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anthonyt94 anthonyt94
Just started a group because I saw the various posts pertaining to Laurier and I thought it would beneficial for those to get there questions answered and/or meet future classmates. Just started it so sorry for the lack of members, aha. [url]http://www.facebook.com/groups/300084736739554/[/url]

Was this helpful? Yes 0