yconic - Laurier BBA Acceptances 2018
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier BBA Acceptances 2018

It's super early in the year but this thread is for Laurier BBA acceptances. Comment when you get accepted and what your average was. :))
Was this helpful? Yes 1
79 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm a current Laurier BBA student :) Best of luck to you all!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thanks!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are you a Co-op student? If so was it hard to get into?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm currently in first year so no, I'm not a co-op student. To apply for co-op, students who reach the required GPA (probably a 9 or around 77% this year) apply and then do an interview process in September. They'll find out about whether they get it or not in September as well. It's also competitive as reportedly only around half of those who apply get it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What was your acceptance average? Any tips?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Mine was 91.5%. To be perfectly honest, you don't have to work hard for extra circulars or even do an ABS form if your average is above 90%. All they judge you on is grades, and the cut-off average for the last two years has been 89%. Unless you can see yourself falling below the cut-off, then do the ABS form. Hope to see you at Laurier!
Was this helpful? Yes 4

Then don't* do the ABS form lol my bad
Was this helpful? Yes 0

when did you apply?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

End of last December
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Update: I got accepted December 5th with a 93.4% grade 11 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did you complete the supplementary component? if so, what were your EC's?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I didn't fill out the ABS, they don't even look at it for early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

congratz are you waiting for waterloo afm?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I applied to Waterloo afm but I didn't do the supp app yet, I'm accepting Laurier for sure though!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did you apply to Schulich? If you did with what average did you get accepted with.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got accepted December 5th with a 95.2%-96%, depending if they counted my grade twelve courses I did in grade eleven
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If I had a 90% grade 11 average do I still have a shot at early acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I feel like the cutoff is going to be 90 this year, so you might have to wait until May. I was 0.5 above cut off last year with my grade 11/12 marks and I got accepted in May instead of January/February.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My final grade 12 average after 1st sem should be around 95-96. Will that change my chances of getting in earlier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, you should get an early acceptance then imo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

To calculate grade 11 average, is it just top 6 marks or all 8?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

They take top 5 grade 11 M/U marks for early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Seriously? Does this include any completed grade 12 courses? Only 5 tho??!!! For real?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Cuz my grade 11 average should be a 93.8% then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was watching their general admission webinar today and they said they don't use any grade 12 course marks for early acceptance. This link shows what marks they use in each phase of admissions: https://www.wlu.ca/admissions-toolkits/undergraduate/step-2-youve-applied-now-what/timing-of-offers.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey, I was the poster who also got accepted, are you looking at other programs as well? I'm hoping for Queens Commerce myself
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are you a Chancellor nominee? I heard it's pretty tough to get in as a normal applicant. Not too sure tho.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Congrats on your acceptance! And I've also applied to Waterloo afm and Brock acc but I'm accepting my Laurier offer. Good luck with Queens!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I am a Chancellor nominee. Thanks, you as well! Who knows, we could always end up in the same place next year!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I have a 91.3% average with my best 5 grade 11 u/m courses, do I have a shot at an acceptance before December ends?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It'll be tough, people have applied with high 90 averages. You could possibly be accepted in January or February.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think you have a shot! If they do another round of early though cause I know a lot of them came out on the 5th.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^^^ Don't they continuously send out offers throughout December to June??? That's what they say on their website. So even though some people got accepted last week (Week of Dec 4, 2017), shouldn't there still be more offers being sent out during December?? Like that can't be IT for December, i'm sure they will be accepting more people in this month.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Accepted today with a 95 avg :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Accepted today with 92 average!! But my english mark was so crap... 87 (fast tracked Eng in my grade 11 year)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LUCKY
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Just got accepted today, December 7th with a 94% average!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Accepted December 5th with average of 93.4% , congrats to everyone!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey has anyone applied to the Bba/Bsc program?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

me. do they do early acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Do you need to be enrolled in your prerequisite courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yes!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So does laurier see all the courses you’re taking throughout the year on ouac?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes, but they only care about your top 6 marks incl. the two maths and English marks. You can get a big fat 0 on the rest of your courses and they won't bat an eye.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just got accepted with a 93.6% average :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

When did you apply?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

When did you apply?
I submitted OUAC on Nov 30 and my top 5 3U/3M courses was a 97.6. If completed 4U courses are included, my combined 3U and 4U average would be 98. I am enrolled in all prereqs but calculus is next semester (that counts... right?) 
Bless the IB mark inflation... but I didn't get any offers :'( I'm relying on Laurier decisions to come out before Jan 16 to determine whether I need to spend another $50-100 on backups. OUAC is way too expensive but you can't be too careful 

Was this helpful? Yes 0

I applied November 14th and got an offer December 5th. It takes a few weeks for them to review applications so with an average like yours you should be getting an offer soon! And they don't use completed 4U marks for early admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It's fine. You got into western engineering and ur going to Waterloo anyways....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@the anon above
LMAO how did so many ppl who know me irl find me on Yconic 
i need another account i have been exposed 

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey guys, I applied last weekend with a gr.11 top 5 average of about 91%. If completed grade 12 courses were included, I’d have a 92%. Do I have a shot at early acceptance? Also, do universities send out offers during the winter break? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i think the cutoff was 93 but they've sent a few to people who have 91-92 so you definitely have a chance! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A guy in my class got his acceptance a week ago (very early) with a 95 average
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Strictly on grade 11 marks my average was 93. I fast tracked 4 4U courses so if they were counting my grade 11+ the 4 fast tracked 4U's then my average would have been 91.4. 

I applied Nov 17 and got accepted for early acceptance Dec 7. Personally I feel this is pretty low for early acceptance but... not complaining. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What grade do you have to keep to maintain your offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

83% average with some specific grades in prereq courses, I'm a different person but I got in on December 5th
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is the December admissions round already over or will they keep sending them out? Last acceptance I've heard of came last week. Also, if it is over, when can we next expect to hear back?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think February after first semester report is the next time we can expect to hear from them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Alright, thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It says offer of admission under status on loris, but ouac does'nt say I have an offer.  Should I wait another day, because I have not gotten an email either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah you got to wait it out. it took a day or two for me to get an email and for it to appear on ouac. congratulations btw!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

When did you receive your offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

January 8th
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was your offer for econ or bba? As far as I have heard, no bba acceptances have been released yet for January, only econ...unless no one in my school got acceptance this round lmao
Was this helpful? Yes 0

the offer was for bba
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

I applied on November 6 and had a 94 grade 11 average with 1 completed 4U course, and a 93 if not. I'm still waiting for an acceptance, but people with lower averages have already received an acceptance. Anyone else in the same shoes? I find this strange because Laurier BBA is solely grade based, unless you're really close to the cutoff, in which case they consider the supplementary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Same as you. Had a 94 grade 11 average with 97 in accounting and 96 in economics. My friends have all been accepted into bba with lower averages and they applied later than me too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0