yconic - Laurier BBA or Ottawa Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier BBA or Ottawa Commerce

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow
my average is an 80, if i cannot achieve an 82 average by june 30, laurier will put me in econ. which one is better and why
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Can you get an 82?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@noxx98 wrote
Can you get an 82?

if i receive 100s on everything from here on out then the most i can get to is an 81.5 or 81.8. ive asked my teachers to boost me but in the past they havent helped. if they do, then yes i can get an 82, otherwise...nope
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@thelakeshow wrote

@noxx98 wrote
Can you get an 82?

if i receive 100s on everything from here on out then the most i can get to is an 81.5 or 81.8. ive asked my teachers to boost me but in the past they havent helped. if they do, then yes i can get an 82, otherwise...nope

Well if you can't maintain the 82% requirement, I would choose Ottawa but make sure you make their cut off too.

The only reason you should take Honours Econ at Laurier is if you truly have an interest in it (it's also pretty difficult)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Do you like economics?

Are you good at math, and do you like it?

Which school do you prefer- Laurier or Ottawa?

What are you looking to go through for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
Do you like economics?

from whatever i know about economics, i hate it

i suck at math, i did well in functions but im barely passing calculus and i was told that econ at laurier is pure calc

i prefer laurier but my family is advising me to go to the school where i can get better grades

i want to go into marketing, hopefully be a vp of marketing and sales or some director position
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelakeshow wrote

@g93 wrote
Do you like economics?

i suck at math, i did well in functions but im barely passing calculus and i was told that econ at laurier is pure calc

i prefer laurier but my family is advising me to go to the school where i can get better grades

i want to go into marketing, hopefully be a vp os marketing and sales or some director position

Well if you hate economics, majoring in it would be a bad idea. Not being good at math/calc isn't going to help either.

Go to UOttawa. It's decent, has a good co-op program, nice city.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

@g93 wrote
Do you like economics?

i want to go into marketing, hopefully be a vp os marketing and sales or some director position

Well if you hate economics, majoring in it would be a bad idea. Not being good at math/calc isn't going to help either.

Go to UOttawa. It's decent, has a good co-op program, nice city.

the person at laurier told me that i can transfer into bba in second year, but i dont even know if ill pass first year with econ. he also said that i can go to summer shcool to boost my average to an 82 and be reconsidered for bba, id just have to let them know that im taking summer school.

ottawa has triple accreditation and is improving each year from what ive researched but its just so far from where i live which is waterloo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@thelakeshow wrote

@g93 wrote
Do you like economics?

i want to go into marketing, hopefully be a vp of marketing and sales or some director position

Go to Ottawa then because majoring in it is a bad idea if you don't like it. And yes economics is very math-based.

Like g93 said, Ottawa is a beautiful city. Plus...right across the river you're legal age ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Transferring from Honours Ec to BBA is easy in the sens that it is a seamless transition, lots of people try to do it, but it is very competitive and is difficult to actually get into BBA through transfer, so I wouldn't be assuming you will be able to transfer.

I would say UOttawa or summer school and go for BBA. I think (?) you can accept the UOttawa offer, pay the deposit, go to summer school, then reject UOttawa and accept Laurier. You might want to look into that, if you wouldn't mind losing the deposit to get into Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
Transferring from Honours Ec to BBA is easy in the sens that it is a seamless transition, lots of people try to do it, but it is very competitive and is difficult to actually get into BBA through transfer, so I wouldn't be assuming you will be able to transfer.

I would say UOttawa or summer school and go for BBA. I think (?) you can accept the UOttawa offer, pay the deposit, go to summer school, then reject UOttawa and accept Laurier. You might want to look into that, if you wouldn't mind losing the deposit to get into Laurier.

can i do that? i thought that once you accept one school, you cant go back and accept another
ill have to call laurier about that
but thanks so much for your help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelakeshow wrote

@g93 wrote

can i do that? i thought that once you accept one school, you cant go back and accept another
ill have to call laurier about that
but thanks so much for your help!

You can, you will just lose your deposit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
Laurier without a doubt. Work hard get the 82, it will be worth it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0