yconic - Laurier BBA or UTSC Coop?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier BBA or UTSC Coop?

A photo of JYerez JYerez
Hey guys,i know i made a previous post a couple of weeks ago, but time is running out and i still have yet to decide. Any opinions or information will help! I am leaning towards the utsc program only because coop is in a way guaranteed, as long as i don't fail miserably.However, everybody tells me how terrible the campus is. At Laurier it would be a bit tougher to get into coop since it is only for the top 25% of students.I understand that in order to get the good jobs at utsc coop, i would need a high GPA anyways. I guess it just appeals to me becuase remaining in coop is easier.... I would hate myself if i chose utsc and regretted the decision, meanwhile im not guaranteed a better school experience from laurier (or am i)? Program wise, which would be better if i'm aiming for a destination in finance or accounting? (If Laurier, even without coop?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of koreanhendrix93 koreanhendrix93
I would say Laurier, not to hate on UT (still bittersweet about being rejected -__-).

People say that at UT, you do get a whole lot to do in town, but inevitably you spend a lot of your time studying because profs can be tough. My brother goes to UTSC for a Stats major and a Psych minor. Because of the workload, you won't find a lot to do... and UTSC's all the way east - maybe I'd understand if it was UTSG. Imo, UTSG's the one that's internationally recognized, not so much UTM or UTSC.

I'd say that also because Laurier's in a university town, there might be more job opportunities opening up for summer internships, even if you don't get co-op. My friend told me the cutoff for cut-off was like an 8.4 or 8.2 out of the 12-point system.

Note that my friend told me 43% of BBAs ****ed up this year. Be careful...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
If you can get co-op at Laurier, it will likely be better.

If you can get good co-op jobs at UTSC, you can get into co-op at Laurier.

If you aren't in the top 1/3 of your class, you will still be in co-op at UTSC.

The programs aren't too different, so examine which school you would prefer to go and look at what courses you like better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0