yconic - Laurier BBA vs UofT Rotman Bcom
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier BBA vs UofT Rotman Bcom

A photo of currymasta currymasta
I was just wondering which was better. Let me know if you guys need more info. Sorry if this was a stupid question haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Laurier
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Rotman..................................... uh, I mean Laurier
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams
Why are people saying Laurier? is it just cause they offer CO-OP?
Because Rotman is globally recognized + its easier to get into its GRAD program once you graduate from its undergrad commerce program..

Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ So yes, Im going to have to say ROTMAN is better than Laurier, although its much harder to stay in, because UOFT has to filter out alot of people who made it by fluke
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LWilliams wrote
Because Rotman is globally recognized + its easier to get into its GRAD program once you graduate from its undergrad commerce program..

Laurier is an excellent program and I find Rotman to be flawed in many ways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah i heard rotman was really tough first year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jordan23 Jordan23
Rotman 100%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
If you're confident that you'll get into co-op at Laurier, then that's definitely much better than Rotman's. Otherwise they'll basically provide you with the same opportunities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Rotman is much better for an MBA imo. Rotman is very asian I've been told in undergrad. This may not be a problem for you, but it may be for others. I will sometimes attend non-DD calculus lectures at UW, and I find it difficult to fit in there simply because I'm caucasian and do not speak a word of Chinese.
Also +1 to co-op as was said above.

Its up to you to decide though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Depends who are are and what you're good at. Laurier math is easy, however Rotman's is hard. If you're choosing Laurier for co-op, know that 300/800 people get co-op, this is what an admissions officer told me.
If you're going for a CA designation, you have to stay back a semester at Laurier whereas UTM/UFT once you graduate you automatically are done because its an accredited stream.
Rotman offers internship, but remember that its competitive. UTM also offers summer internship
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LWilliams wrote
Depends who are are and what you're good at. Laurier math is easy, however Rotman's is hard. If you're choosing Laurier for co-op, know that 300/800 people get co-op, this is what an admissions officer told me.
If you're going for a CA designation, you have to stay back a semester at Laurier whereas UTM/UFT once you graduate you automatically are done because its an accredited stream.
Rotman offers internship, but remember that its competitive. UTM also offers summer internship

I thought laurier's bba was also accredited for a CA designation?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@currymasta wrote

I thought laurier's bba was also accredited for a CA designation?

It is.

http://guidetorulingtheworld.ca/Become/AccreditedPrograms.aspx
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jdot111 Jdot111
neither are "better" than each other, both will get you the same job in Canada. UofT Rotman has the advantage in terms of international presence. Laurier has co-op. pick whatever school makes you happy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canton0983 canton0983

@LWilliams wrote

Re: the Rotman undergrad giving you a better shot at the MBA program. This is basically untrue. The MBA program doesn't give any preference Rotman Commerce graduates. When you apply for an MBA, they look at work experience, GMAT, and interviews much more than your undergrad school or even undergrad academic performance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dvan dvan

@LWilliams wrote

Since both programs are accredited, why would you have to stay back a semester at Laurier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iDream iDream

@LWilliams wrote

u drunk bro ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Pharger Pharger
From what i know as a gr12 student hearing from friends and rumors about Rotman:
-approx. 50% kick/drop out during 1st year
-very competitive
-very asian
-unspirited
-school isnt special, it's just the school name
-good for accounting and economics
-international approach
Was this helpful? Yes 0