yconic - Laurier BBA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier BBA

A photo of Gucci Gucci
got a few questions about Laurier's BBA program. what are the high school requirements to get into this program (like specific courses) and what average do I need to be a solid contender?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of BBABOSS BBABOSS
You need functions, and either calc or data. English, and 3 U courses I believe (could be U/C). I got accepted with a 86.7 average which was brought down by my weak calc mark. As far as the cut-off, I believe its around 87 including the PSE but I could be wrong. Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doe Doe

@BBABOSS wrote
You need functions, and either calc or data. English, and 3 U courses I believe (could be U/C). I got accepted with a 86.7 average which was brought down by my weak calc mark. As far as the cut-off, I believe its around 87 including the PSE but I could be wrong. Hope this helps.

did u get accepted with 86.7 this year or last year?
if u got accepted last year, did u get accepted before the 2nd upload in april?
i have an 87 right now, and lets say the cutoff is 86 this year. does that mean i should get accepted before the 2nd upload since i made the cutoff, and admissions is just based on marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got accepted last year, and I got accepted mid-May I believe. Well I can not say when you will be receiving an acceptance because I obtained mine late (made me nervous), and I had decent EC's, nothing to special.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
I am pretty sure that the cutoff last year was 86, not 87.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doe Doe

@BBABOSS wrote
I got accepted last year, and I got accepted mid-May I believe. Well I can not say when you will be receiving an acceptance because I obtained mine late (made me nervous), and I had decent EC's, nothing to special.

last years cutoff was 86 for sure, i dont know how u got accepted that late....
how were ur gr 11 marks? and were u semester or termed?
im termed and my gr 11 marks were horrible, but for the 1st upload that happened in feb, i had 6 courses, all of them were required with avg of 87. i really cant wait until may...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doe Doe
its also wierd that u got accepted late cus if u made the cutoff, they shouldnt even look at ur abs, meaning there is no need to give u an acceptance that late. im nervous now :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Doorhandle wrote
I am pretty sure that the cutoff last year was 86, not 87.

I'm pretty sure i said i could be wrong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Doe wrote

@BBABOSS wrote

last years cutoff was 86 for sure, i dont know how u got accepted that late....
how were ur gr 11 marks? and were u semester or termed?
im termed and my gr 11 marks were horrible, but for the 1st upload that happened in feb, i had 6 courses, all of them were required with avg of 87. i really cant wait until may...

sorry for the repetitive posting, but only three of my six marks were from my first semester and they totaled at an 84. i brought my average up second semester and raised it to the 86.7. I'm sure you won't have to wait long as you did much better then me first semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doe Doe
oh, i see thanks a lot.
i know u dont know this 100 percent, but everyone who makes the cutoff from first upload will probably get accepted before the second right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I would assume so, and i know this girl that had an 88 before our mid-semester marks were sent to uni's and she got accepted in april.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
High 80s give or take a few percent with the ABS
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doe Doe
do u guys know roughly when they will start their second wave of acceptances?
hopefully during march break...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vincerz vincerz
Whether you're coming to Laurier or not, I recommend everyone to sign up for TheLink's conference in May for High School students.

http://www.thelinkonline.org/

It's also a great way to meet some Laurier students ahead of time if you're coming here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0