yconic - Laurier BBA/Financial Math vs. UTSC Co-Op Management vs. Rotman Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier BBA/Financial Math vs. UTSC Co-Op Management vs. Rotman Commerce

A photo of VivekanJey VivekanJey
Just wanted to get different opinions on which program they would choose:

Laurier's BBA/Financial Math Co-Op Program
UTSC Co-Op Management
UTSG Rotman Commerce

I for one do not know much about the Laurier program mentioned above so I would choose UTSC Co-op Management, then Rotman Commerce, then the Laurier program (also because of $$)

However, I want an educated opinion on which of those three programs would be best if I wanted to pursue a CA designation or something of that sort not confirmed on that goal as of right now.

Thanks all thoughts will be appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of caveman caveman
First, the Laurier DD program has a significant number of math courses. You take 5 in first year, and average 4-6 for the rest of the program (possibly fewer in your 5th year). That's a significant amount of math. Granted it is Laurier math, but if you're not really into math, it won't be fun and it won't be worth it. Although you can always drop to just BBA.

Second, I'm not sure if you can complete your CA credits without overloading/staying back for an additional semester/getting exempt from some of the required courses/changing the sequencing up a bit, or some combination of those four. I'm sure it can be done, but it wouldn't be easy. I'd suggest trying to get a hold of a Laurier advisor.

Third, the financial math really doesn't have anything to do with accounting. So if right now that's what you're mostly interested in, it's probably not your best option, compared to if you were interested in finance.

So, I would choose one of Rotman and UTSC. Rotman might be the better program, but UTSC does have co-op. I'm less familiar with UTSC, so I can't comment too much. Visit the campuses, talk to some current students, compare costs and travel options, etc. and make a decision- although I see you have some other programs such as Schulich and AFM. If I were to choose, I would definitely pick Rotman, but take that with a shaker-full of salt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0