yconic - Laurier Co-op alternatives
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Co-op alternatives

A photo of universityapplier universityapplier
what if student x does not get coop in order to get a placement for his CA training, what other options does he have and what is required to get those options?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
If you don't get co-op at Laurier, you can apply for internships in the summer.

You can get your CA hours after undergrad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

how difficult is it to get internships, and are they through school or is it up to you to find one. Also, how would i be able to get my hours after undergrad?

Please elaborate more
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@universityapplier wrote

@g93 wrote

how difficult is it to get internships, and are they through school or is it up to you to find one. Also, how would i be able to get my hours after undergrad?

Please elaborate more

At Laurier it may be a bit different. Since they have co-op, they will not focus on internships as much. Some schools' carrer centres will help out.

So yes, you will pretty much be on your own. Some places might recruit at the university, but most won't recruit at Laurier for summer, they will do co-op only.

It depends on how connected you are, and a bit of luck. Being good doesn't hurt (good marks, ECs, interview skills, etc.)

Don't think of getting your work requirements as being while in school. Think of it as being done afterwards. If you can get CATO jobs while in co-op or summer internships, it's a bonus, you will be able to get your CA faster. But getting them after is perfectly fine, and many many people end up doing this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@universityapplier wrote

@g93 wrote

Please elaborate more

At Laurier it may be a bit different. Since they have co-op, they will not focus on internships as much. Some schools' carrer centres will help out.

So yes, you will pretty much be on your own. Some places might recruit at the university, but most won't recruit at Laurier for summer, they will do co-op only.

It depends on how connected you are, and a bit of luck. Being good doesn't hurt (good marks, ECs, interview skills, etc.)

Don't think of getting your work requirements as being while in school. Think of it as being done afterwards. If you can get CATO jobs while in co-op or summer internships, it's a bonus, you will be able to get your CA faster. But getting them after is perfectly fine, and many many people end up doing this.

thanks, so if i do take my hours after my undergrad, how will i get this placement, i am still confused with that step. Would i have to goto firms and apply for coop?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
^ you apply for a job, just like if you did have most of your hours
Was this helpful? Yes 0