yconic - Laurier Course Selection - MA110
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Course Selection - MA110

A photo of touchman touchman
Im currently building my schedule, but the calculus course MA 110 is causing me some confusion. When I go to fall term 2011, it says there are classes for it, but they show they are 0 credits and only go from sept-jan. When i look at the winter 2012 term, there are ma110 courses there too, some are 0 credits, and there are some that are 1 full credit, but say that they are from jan-apr.
Im not sure what i do to register for the full year ma110 course, any help?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of kinnikinnik kinnikinnik

@touchman wrote
Im currently building my schedule, but the calculus course MA 110 is causing me some confusion. When I go to fall term 2011, it says there are classes for it, but they show they are 0 credits and only go from sept-jan. When i look at the winter 2012 term, there are ma110 courses there too, some are 0 credits, and there are some that are 1 full credit, but say that they are from jan-apr.
Im not sure what i do to register for the full year ma110 course, any help?

The zero credit ones are probably the tutorials or labs, and I'm assuming that if it is a full year course you register in the fall and winter. It shows up as zero for second term, but once you actually enter second term is splits into a weight of 0.5 for each term. As long as you did the CPE, you can register for the course in both, the code should be A, B, or AA. Tutorials are usually 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of touchman touchman
The tutorials are all on Thursday, and marked as 0 credits. In the fall term there are ones that say MWF, im assuming those are the lectures - but they say 0 credits. Winter term, tutorials still say 0 credits, but the MWF ones say 1 credit. also, the course numbers are different
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kinnikinnik kinnikinnik

@touchman wrote
The tutorials are all on Thursday, and marked as 0 credits. In the fall term there are ones that say MWF, im assuming those are the lectures - but they say 0 credits. Winter term, tutorials still say 0 credits, but the MWF ones say 1 credit. also, the course numbers are different

So choose the MWF option, there are three times as I know you see as well. All of the tutorials seem to be on Thursday, so choose a time for them as well. The reason it is 1.0 second term is because at that point it includes both terms of 0.5. Choose it for first term anyways, the 0.000 will change eventually as you finish first term.
Was this helpful? Yes 0