yconic - Laurier DD BBA/FinMath
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier DD BBA/FinMath

A photo of touchman touchman
Just got accepted today!
So i just had two questions
1 - I know as part of the program it says coop is garunteed, so does this mean in 2nd year I would for sure get coop placement? or does it mean something else. maybe a stupid question but i just want to make sure.
2 - I havnt accepted the offer yet, still waiting to see if queens gives me one, will i be getting something in the mail from them telling me what my next steps are? or do I have to accept the offer to get that?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of North North

@touchman wrote
Just got accepted today!
1 - I know as part of the program it says coop is garunteed, so does this mean in 2nd year I would for sure get coop placement? or does it mean something else. maybe a stupid question but i just want to make sure.
2 - I havnt accepted the offer yet, still waiting to see if queens gives me one, will i be getting something in the mail from them telling me what my next steps are? or do I have to accept the offer to get that?

Thanks

1 - WLU co-op starts in 2nd year, and for the normal BBA program you have to go through a selection process (grades, ECs, interview etc.) to get into the co-op stream. Being in the DD programs mean that you don't have to go through that process. This is NOT a guarantee that you will get a job. Once you are in co-op you still have to apply for and interview for jobs just like any other student.

2 - WLU will send you a package with the official offer letter and it has information about the university as well as the next steps. If you accept the offer then they send you a course selection guide.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kinnikinnik kinnikinnik
Well you'll have to accept the offer for them to acknowledge your intentions and send you any information package, that was how it happened for me. You're coop is guaranteed as long as you are enrolled in the school year with good enough academic standing. You shouldn't worry about courses as your a DD student and courses are sort of set up for you already.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ono ono

@touchman wrote
Just got accepted today!

Thanks

What's your top 6 average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ny Ny
Hi guys :albino:
It seems like so many people have been accepted to BBA/BMath but I haven't heard back from them yet. My marks are:
AF 95
DM 94
Cal 91
Business 90
Eng 85
Law 84
I know that my English and Law marks are bit off because I am an international student. So if I don't get accepted to this program, should I choose BBA/Financial Math or BBA at Laurier? Thanks ^^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
^ If I were you, I would choose BBA, unless you really like math, because you won't get the added bonus of guaranteed co-op as an international student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

top 6 average was 88.5
Was this helpful? Yes 0

top 6 average was 88.5
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ephemerality Ephemerality
Congrats!
I got in today too lol =S
wondering if I should go for it....
Was this helpful? Yes 0