yconic - Laurier Double Degree co-op?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Double Degree co-op?

A photo of iDoraemon iDoraemon
Hi, if i do a double degree, like BBA and Financial Math, am I guaranteed a co-op spot second year or just a chance for an interview? I heard that at the old forums, but not sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Do you mean Financial math? theres no BBA/Finance DD. You can specialize in Finance in your 4th years.

In DD programs you are guaranteed a spot in co-op. This means you're guaranteed the opportunity to apply to jobs. It does NOT guarantee you a job, that's still dependant upon your marks, EC's, and how you interview with employers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So if you're not in DD, you're not guaranteed a spot? What do you have to do to get in then?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Right - you arent guaranteed a spot. You need atleast a B- average, have strong EC's/volunteer experience, and have a strong interview.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So if you don't do a DD, you will have an interview with people at school AND then one more with employers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Yes. At the beginning of 2nd year, you will have an interview with the school. You'll be graded. After that you're ranked based upon your grades, EC's and interview. Then the top ~250 are selected, and then you'll begin your applications the next semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks a lot!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of summerdays summerdays
Is anyone currently in the BBA & Financial Math Double Degree at Laurier? If so, how is the program and which area do you learn more in throughout first year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uukes2 Uukes2
I'm excited to do a coop!
Was this helpful? Yes 0