yconic - Laurier early acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier early acceptance

A photo of jackyan22 jackyan22
I've seen that a few of us have already been accepted into Laurier business. I'm just wondering what are your averages like? Do you think they based it on your Grade 12 midterms or your grade 11 marks? I'm getting at least a 93 for grade 12 top 6 (I had two 4U courses in grade 11), but I'm not accepted yet :(. On the other hand, my grade 11 average is worse,maybe like 90.

Oh and I didn't do ABS yet, if that affects admission in any way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of g93 g93
It is based off of Grade 11 marks. Most here getting them are 93/94 area.

I am in a similar position to you. The ABS will only be looked at later if you are 1-3% below the cutoff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maddie_271 maddie_271
I don't know. About a 93% grade 12 average...Haven't been accepted yet :( MAC however is my first choice
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uukes2 Uukes2
Its says mid-high 80's for the BBA full time honours course, would an 85 average do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver
I don't know how many marks they use to calculate your average for early acceptance, but the average they wrote on my acceptance letter (for the scholarships) was 94%. Oh, and I didn't do the ABS. To be honest, I was actually surprised to see the acceptance because I didn't think they'd send them out so early. I submitted my choices to OUAC on the 11th and the date for offer of admission is the 12th :| although I didn't see it until the 15th.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@NerdmobileDriver wrote
I don't know how many marks they use to calculate your average for early acceptance, but the average they wrote on my acceptance letter (for the scholarships) was 94%. Oh, and I didn't do the ABS. To be honest, I was actually surprised to see the acceptance because I didn't think they'd send them out so early. I submitted my choices to OUAC on the 11th and the date for offer of admission is the 12th :| although I didn't see it until the 15th.

They use your Top 5 Grade 11 marks for early acceptance (and I think that include prereqs)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
I think it's just top 5. My English mark wasn't included in my acceptance average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle

They use your Top 5 Grade 11 marks for early acceptance (and I think that include prereqs)

There are no grade 11 courses that are prerequisites for getting into university, only grade 12 courses can be pre reqs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Doorhandle wrote

There are no grade 11 courses that are prerequisites for getting into university, only grade 12 courses can be pre reqs.

Prereqs of prereqs though. Laurier does not include prereqs (or prereqs of prereqs) in your Top 5 Grade 11 marks for early admission.

However, for the second round of offers occuring Late February-Early March, Laurier takes a combination of your Grade 12 first semester final marks and your Grade 11 marks (3 + 3 unless your Grade 12 marks are better). This includes the prereqs, which are 4U English, AF and another 4U Math. If you do not have the prereq until second semester, they will use the Grade 11 equivalent, or prereq of the prereq (3U English instead of 4U, MCR 3U instead of AF, etc.)

Regular admission is all Grade 12, top 6, with prereqs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed
When I was accepted last year, I was told that they took the top 3 grade 11 marks and the top 3 grade 12 marks for your top 6. If the cumulative average was over 86%, you were given early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@dancecubed wrote
When I was accepted last year, I was told that they took the top 3 grade 11 marks and the top 3 grade 12 marks for your top 6. If the cumulative average was over 86%, you were given early acceptance.

That is for the second round of offers. The final regular round of admissions is based solely off of Grade 12 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0