yconic - Laurier Economics and Accounting VS Ryerson Bcomm
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Economics and Accounting VS Ryerson Bcomm

A photo of truetrue1010 truetrue1010
Of the two programs, which would you choose based on the program and why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Do you like economics?

Do you like math? Are you good at it?

Which school do you like better? (campus, rez, tuition, social life, atmosphere, city life, traveling, etc)

What are you looking to go through for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of truetrue1010 truetrue1010

@g93 wrote
Do you like economics?

Do you like math? Are you good at it?

Which school do you like better? (campus, rez, tuition, social life, atmosphere, city life, traveling, etc)

What are you looking to go through for?

1. Economics is a course I prefer, I ended up with an A in both courses at UTSC

2. Math is alright above average at UTSC

3. Never been to either university

4. Ideally CGA/CMA but I really like econ so I would do a minor or some form of a dual degree either way

Im torn in the sense that I have econ at UTSC, but I dont want to do it there cause its dead (campus wise), as for ryerson it seems like its getting better in terms of its reputation but not there yet as for Laurier its not the BBA program so im assuming the job aspects of a econ student would be lower... thus leaving me stuck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Oh, so you are at UTSC for economics right now? Would it be easier to transfer to Economics than to a BCom?

Laurier is one of the top schools for CMAs. The atmosphere on campus is pretty great. While I haven't been to Ryerson, I'm assuming since it's more of a commuter school it'd be similar to UTSC in that regard. The Honours Ec program is still quite good. While it's not BBA, your job prospects won't be too bad, and the post-grad salary (average) is actually higher for Honours Ec at Laurier. Ryerson isn't CMA-accredited.

Was this helpful? Yes 0