yconic - Laurier English Proficiency
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier English Proficiency

A photo of Wade3 Wade3
I didn't take grade 9 seriously and I had a 70 average. I had a 53 in english and now I think this is coming back to haunt me. What marks in english do you need in order to be meet Laurier's english requirements? I had a 53 in grade 9, 70 in grade 10, and 75 in grade 11. Will they not accept me because of a stupid grade 9 english mark? My average this year is expected to be 92+.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of g93 g93
They will only look at your Grade 12 English mark, which must be above 70%. They will look at your Grade 11 English only for early admission. They do not care about Grade 9 or 10.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Wade3 Wade3

@g93 wrote
They will only look at your Grade 12 English mark, which must be above 70%. They will look at your Grade 11 English only for early admission. They do not care about Grade 9 or 10.

What's the point of asking for my transcript then. I had to have taken grade 10 english in order to take grade 11 english right? I also had to have taken grade 9 english in order to take grade 10 english right? I don't get why they would even need to see my transcript if they will see my grade 11 and grade 12 english mark. I also had to have pass both grade 9 and grade 10 english, so there's no point looking at it if they are not checking what mark I got.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Wade3 wrote

@g93 wrote

What's the point of asking for my transcript then. I had to have taken grade 10 english in order to take grade 11 english right? I also had to have taken grade 9 english in order to take grade 10 english right? I don't get why they would even need to see my transcript if they will see my grade 11 and grade 12 english mark. I also had to have pass both grade 9 and grade 10 english, so there's no point looking at it if they are not checking what mark I got.

Oh, you're first language is not English. There were a few on here with a similar problem, wondering why Laurier required the transcript.

Here is a useful link. Reading it, it sounds like they will take a look at your marks for the past 3 years (I don't know if that includes Grade 9). They also don't really say what an acceptable mark is. Hope that helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0