yconic - Laurier Honours BBA(Co-op) or UTM BBA?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Honours BBA(Co-op) or UTM BBA?

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
Hey guys, Im a grade 11 student who is interested in pursing a career in business. Grade 12 is coming soon, and I would really appreciate some advice. First off I want to go to a university with a good social environment as well as a successful degree. If was wondering if Laurier has a better BBA program of UTM.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Do you have any ideas what range your grades will be in? This way we can recommend other schools as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I would say Laurier. UTM is a good school too, but if you can get co-op at Laurier you will be golden, and it also has a good social environment.

What are you planning on going through for?

And + 1 to what Username81 said.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
hey Username81, my grades are in like mid-80's but im going to work my but off in grade 12. Also i was wondering do "Advanced Functions Grade 12" have to be included in your top 6, since im not really good at math.. :S
Also how is the program btw?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
I want to go into management, but also obtain a bba degree, since i am familiar with their reputation in the business employing field.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Neil01 wrote
hey Username81, my grades are in like mid-80's but im going to work my but off in grade 12. Also i was wondering do "Advanced Functions Grade 12" have to be included in your top 6, since im not really good at math.. :S

Mid-80s could give you a shot at Laurier, UTM, UTSC, McMaster and Rotman. High 80s - low 90s would give you a shot at Queen's, Schulich, McGill, or Western + Ivey AEO.

Pretty much all of these schools will be good (the second list with the better reputation).

Consider campus, rez, costs, social life, atmosphere, people, city, etc.

Advanced Functions almost always will be part of your Top 6.

And Username81 isn't in Laurier (yet) if that's what you're wondering? :P

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Neil01 wrote

Yeah mine were around that too and I worked my but off and did really well. Don't apply because you don't think you can get the grades. Because worst case is you'll get rejected (which you would've expected). If you don't apply and have the grades...you're SOL.

And yea the list g93 said is very accurate. Since you said you want a good social environment too, I would say Laurier would be on the top of that list. In terms of academics, Rotman and Laurier would be very close....but no co-op at Rotman. So in terms of Laurier or UTM, I'd choose Laurier.

If you want to go into accounting specifically, Laurier is a great choice :)

And yeah I'm still in high school lol but I'd be glad to tell you what I think once I'm in lol :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Neil01 Neil01

@Username81 wrote

@Neil01 wrote

Yeah mine were around that too and I worked my but off and did really well. Don't apply because you don't think you can get the grades. Because worst case is you'll get rejected (which you would've expected). If you don't apply and have the grades...you're SOL.

And yea the list g93 said is very accurate. Since you said you want a good social environment too, I would say Laurier would be on the top of that list. In terms of academics, Rotman and Laurier would be very close....but no co-op at Rotman. So in terms of Laurier or UTM, I'd choose Laurier.

And yeah I'm still in high school lol but I'd be glad to tell you what I think once I'm in lol :)

yea what marks did you receive in advanced functions grade 12?
because Im not planning on taking calculus. The maths I'm taking are Advanced Functions and Data
bwt what high school do you go to??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EastSideBoyz EastSideBoyz
Laurier BBA over UTM BBA
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Neil01 wrote

@Username81 wrote

@Neil01 wrote

yea what marks did you receive in advanced functions grade 12?
because Im not planning on taking calculus. The maths I'm taking are Advanced Functions and Data
bwt what high school do you go to??

Well to put in perspective, grade 11 functions was 84, grade 12 was 91.

And if you plan on taking data instead of calculus, you cannot apply to Queen's since calculus is a pre-req. Check into that because Schulich and McGill may be the same.
And I'd rather not answer the last question for obvious reasons :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0