yconic - Laurier Honours Buisness Administration or Western Bmos?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Honours Buisness Administration or Western Bmos?

A photo of kmorgan kmorgan
Basically, i live in london ontario and am stuck between schools. I want to become a chartered accountant and i know you have to go through an accredited program(laurier) or complete the 51 hour requirement(western). After that you must complete three years work experience in a CA training office. TO go to Laurier i would probably go about 25,000 dollars in debt while western ied be debt free. Laurier i think has decent co-op? which could get me a job in a CA training firm. Is the advantage at Laurier worth the debt? or should i just go to western? I also hate how Bmos is a social science degree, and i didnt get into Ivey. So, will the debt at Laurier be better for my career and help me in the loong run? or should i just go to western? im just worried about getting into a CA training office after going to western bmos. Is Laurier good buisness?

any answers would be appreciated
thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
Defnitely go to Laurier. it is one of the better for accounting. if you can get co-op you are golden. bmos is meh.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@thecookiemonster wrote
Defnitely go to Laurier. it is one of the better for accounting. if you can get co-op you are golden. bmos is meh.

Yeah IMO it's in the top 3 for accounting and I think most would agree with that.

@kmorgan wrote
After that you must complete three years work experience in a CA training office. TO go to Laurier i would probably go about 25,000 dollars in debt while western ied be debt free

If you land co-op and get a job now (and in your first summer) and with a little help from your parents, it's very possible to get through Laurier debt-free.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
I'd definitely pick Laurier. Great campus, great atmosphere, great co-op, and it's a great learning atmosphere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Username81 wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote

Yeah IMO it's in the top 3 for accounting and I think most would agree with that.

@kmorgan wrote
After that you must complete three years work experience in a CA training office. TO go to Laurier i would probably go about 25,000 dollars in debt while western ied be debt free

If you land co-op and get a job now (and in your first summer) and with a little help from your parents, it's very possible to get through Laurier debt-free.

+ 1
Was this helpful? Yes 0