yconic - Laurier- If I take MA129, what does that limit me to?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier- If I take MA129, what does that limit me to?

A photo of student92 student92
I don't understand the negative outcome of taking MA129. I've heard that it will limit me on taking financial math/advanced math? If I do to take MA129 will this put me to a disadvantage in regards of Co-op?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of g93 g93
No, unless you are applying for jobs that would require a large amount of financial math/advanced math skill.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Terrios Terrios

@g93 wrote
No, unless you are applying for jobs that would require a large amount of financial math/advanced math skill.

Hardly any exist, math wont help you very much in Laurier's co-op program. I have found that most employers don't really pay much attention to what courses you took in first and second year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
@Terrios

How hard was it to land co-op for you? What were your high school grades and university grades? I'm kind of fretting about this now haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Terrios Terrios

@Username81 wrote
@Terrios

How hard was it to land co-op for you? What were your high school grades and university grades? I'm kind of fretting about this now haha

Regarding getting into co-op itself, that wasn't too hard as I had good grades, ec's and a good interview (I had little work experience however but the other 3 areas were good enough to cover for it). My top 6 in HS was just over 87% (HS grades don't really mean anything after HS) and my 1st year GPA was around 10.

Judging by your sig you are starting 1st year next year. No need to fret too much about co-op, you have tons of time to make yourself more 'employable' (i.e. get more work experience and EC's) before 2nd year starts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Terrios wrote

@g93 wrote

Hardly any exist, math wont help you very much in Laurier's co-op program. I have found that most employers don't really pay much attention to what courses you took in first and second year.

Exactly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0