yconic - Laurier or Ottawa
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier or Ottawa

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow
heres the thing. i know that overall, laurier is a better school than ottawa in terms of program. but im from waterloo and would love to leave this town. in march, i received an offer to laurier bba based on grade 11 and 12 marks, thyere asking me to maintain an 82 top 6 grade 12 marks average in order to stay in bba. i actually only have an 80 average and if teachers do boost me, i will have an 82. i called laurier and they said if i dont have an 82, they would put me in honours economics. i definitely dont like the economics and feel as if i should go big or go home. they also said that i can go to summer school to boost my average and be revised for bba. now ottawa, is an amazing city, program is not bad, they also have co-op (i didnt get co-op though) and is not in waterloo. it would be easier to maintain and achieve a high GPA while getting involved extra-curricularily in ottawa. so which one would you guys choose and why? i realize that laurier is a better program, but its also about the student life and experience in undergrad. and undergrad schools dont matter, its grad schools that do
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of jmb jmb
I would just go to Ottawa, you want to leave anyways and you possibly might get your acceptance revoked from Laurier...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow

@jmb wrote
I would just go to Ottawa, you want to leave anyways and you possibly might get your acceptance revoked from Laurier...

i called laurier yesterday and they said they would revoke my bba acceptance but theyd put me in econ
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yingxiliao521 yingxiliao521
telfer is the best
Was this helpful? Yes 0