yconic - Laurier or Western for becoming a Chartered Accountant?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier or Western for becoming a Chartered Accountant?

A photo of kmorgan kmorgan
Hi, I have been accepted to the western bmos and global economics program, but also the Laurier honours buisness administration. I live in London and attending Western would allow me to leave undergrad school with 0 debt, but laurier would put me 30 000-40 000$ in debt. I want to become a chartered accountant and i know Laurier has a great accredited chartered accountancy program, but Western also offers the complete "51 hour requirement". After university you must apply to Ca training offices and i was just wondering if the person who goes to Laurier over western will have an advantage in completing there CA designation? Is it worth going to Laurier and taking big debt, just because of their co-op and accredited program? Or will Western be good enough to become a CA? I'm also interested in working internationally, so would it be better to take global economics instead of bmos ( heard its not that good) ? Please correct me also if the process to becoming a CA isn't correct. My friend's mom became a CA through western bmos without Ivey, so wouldn't it be better to not take on debt for a program that will get me to the same place?
(i did not get AEO, but i would apply after second year)

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Chara Chara
Did you forget about this?- http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=6102
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
lol ya i was like "haven't i posted here before?"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Definitely Laurier. It's one of the four best accounting programs in Ontario IMHO.
Was this helpful? Yes 0