yconic - Laurier questions and transfer to Ivey?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier questions and transfer to Ivey?

A photo of Liveforthemoment Liveforthemoment
Hey guys,

first of all I was accepted into the dd bba/financial math and am thinking of switching out if it's hard. I'm okay at math but definitely not super strong in it and I want an above 80 gpa, can anyone give me any insight on this?

Secondly, is there anyone out there that's going to laurier and want to transfer to ivey 3rd year? Does anyone know people who had transfered from Laurier because that's essentially my plan.

thrid, how easy is it to get a 85 average in BBA or DD if say I work very hard and take a few bird courses. Of course I suppose you guys may not know this but has anyone heard anything about it?

And lastly, I know I posted this in other topics but I'm kind of freaking out because I think I've just made my decision and know nothing about well...anything. What are some important deadlines? Are courses filling up? Is there anything I should know because I feel like all the other student award-ers have done a ton of research and I'm very pressed for time seeing as how jue 2nd is fast approaching.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Google LORIS Dynamic schedule to see how full classes are. It's fairly self-explanatory.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
It will be difficult to transfer to Ivey because I'm assuming you'll have coop in 2nd year 2nd term meaning you won't have the credit requirements.

It says on their website that they will make exceptions and I've met people who have gone from a coop program to Ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@immaculatedx wrote
It will be difficult to transfer to Ivey because I'm assuming you'll have coop in 2nd year 2nd term meaning you won't have the credit requirements.

It says on their website that they will make exceptions and I've met people who have gone from a coop program to Ivey.

No, co-op is in Spring/Summer term in 2nd year. You will have had 4 terms and (should) have 10.0 credits.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

No, co-op is in Spring/Summer term in 2nd year. You will have had 4 terms and (should) have 10.0 credits.

Oh, they don't follow the UW Double Degree coop schedule? I thought it was the same minus the having the summer off in first year spring/summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Nvm, got it.

"Students in the Business Administration and Mathematics (University of Waterloo), and Business Administration and Computer Science (University of Waterloo) double degree programs begin their first four-month work term in the winter term of Year 2. Co-op students in other programs begin their alternating sequence of work and study terms at the end of Year 2"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Classof87 Classof87
"liveforthemoment", not that easy to get the marks you are seeking in the DD, especially if you are good at math, but not great, and not a math lover. As previously, posted, my son just finished year 1 and saw his two friends transfer out of the DD to regular BBA, due to hating linear algebra, and finding it very time consuming to maintain good marks. Just one experience but it may help you. There is certainly no harm in doing like they did, starting out in the DD, seeing how it goes, and then drop to regular BBA if you find you are not getting the marks you would like.

My son's grade 12 80 in Calc (he hated Vectors and it dragged him down) turned into 78 at WLU. It is a lot of work to get a 10 or 11 average at WLU (A- or A), unless you are a gifted student, of which there are a few on each floor in rez given the high marks needed to get into the program.

Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Liveforthemoment Liveforthemoment
thanks so much for all the help everyone! yikes, checked Loris and some courses are filling up :s

Yeah i have no interest in math what so ever but im getting around a 90 with a lot of struggling in between. Well, we'll see, its just that although I think I'll be able to get co-op, DD gurantees it which is nice. Is it true that DD only starts in second year tho? Heard that somewhere...I'm doing a ton of research tonight. 90% sure on Laurier!

WOW I was really hoping for that 11...I'm no genius but hoping to put a lot of hard work into school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0