yconic - Laurier Residence
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Residence

A photo of touchman touchman
I have a question to ask anyone, especially those going to Laurier
What style did you apply for - appartment style or traditional residence style?

What do you guys think is better and why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Liveforthemoment Liveforthemoment
If i go, im applying for dorm altho i've heard that bricker for appartment style is where its at lol.

btw does anyone know if res fees are due june 2nd? I'm a complete mess seeing as how my decisions are very last minute and I'm scared I'm gonna miss a deadline. If anyone would be nice enough to list a few of the upcoming deadlines for me, it would be greatly appreciated (yes, i do know that I can look them up but it would be so much nicer if someone can help me out lol)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kinnikinnik kinnikinnik
First of all I'll let you know that I applied for single dorm, and than secondly dorm shared. The main reason is that I'd rather just take a meal plan and eat wisely, instead of worrying about meals and making Kraft Dinner every night lol. With a single dorm there is no roommate, but even with a shared dorm there is one roommate, instead of 2+ in an apartment. I think the more roommates, the greater the number of possible problems and people I don't like. I didn't have a 90 avg so I didn't choose single apartment, although I've stayed in bricker and wish I could as a student :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lovehk78 lovehk78

@Liveforthemoment wrote
If i go, im applying for dorm altho i've heard that bricker for appartment style is where its at lol.

btw does anyone know if res fees are due june 2nd? I'm a complete mess seeing as how my decisions are very last minute and I'm scared I'm gonna miss a deadline. If anyone would be nice enough to list a few of the upcoming deadlines for me, it would be greatly appreciated (yes, i do know that I can look them up but it would be so much nicer if someone can help me out lol)

yea, it's due on June 2 with a $400 depoist
go to waterloo.mylaurier.ca/residence
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I applied for single room apartment style.

It just seems better. I mean you get a kitchen (kind of), a washroom, and a bunch of others in addition to having a single room.

Since I have a 90% average, if I don't get this I'm going to flip lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jmb jmb
I did single dorm first and shared dorm second.
Heres my personal reasoning

Dorm style is more of a community rez feel. Also for 2nd 3rd or 4th year most likely youll be in a house with a few people which will be exactly like apt style. so while u can why not do dorm. Single's awesome....double not so much because the washroom is down the hall
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Single Apartment for me!
you guys should remember to update class of 2015.
Laurier FTW :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Liveforthemoment Liveforthemoment
Does anyone know anything about the learning communities? Are they any good? I'm thinking of joining the BBA one in hopes of getting more access to networking opportunities or perhaps the leadership one. Does it actually open more doors to get involved?

Was this helpful? Yes 0