yconic - LAURIER rez
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

LAURIER rez

A photo of kieonsegg kieonsegg
k me and 3 buddies are looking at suite-style. anybbody wanna share their top 3 suite-style preferences?
trying to figure out which are the best. we are all in business so something like bricker or laurier place would be sweeet.

thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
bricker or laurier place are good. king street is pretty good too but it's kinda far
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kinnikinnik kinnikinnik
You guys ever wonder of rooming with peeople from here lol. I mean I'm going to Laurier alone, oddly no one from my year is going that is a guy, and obviously I can't room with a chick lol. So maybe signing up with someone from here, because I'd still be getting a random roommate anyways right:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SteveMcColl SteveMcColl
i have considered that but how does that work? i still want to apply for single style first so if i won the lottery i would get my own room. or are you talking about wanting to do apartment style?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ok what im thinking for apartment style in order is: laurier place, bricker, king street.
can anybody shed some light on this?
when applying to laurier place, there are 3 types of styles: mansionette, townhouses, and apartment. but i want apartment, if i am later in the lottery am i gonna get mansionette/townhouses?, or will it defer me to bricker because i have stated that i want "apartment style, single room" (laurier's residence application only provides dormitory or apartment)

thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hey you have it completely wrong, you can't choose a building whatsoever. you apply for coed, single sex. apartment or dorm. single or double. you have choice one and two, you will get either based through a lottery or none if you're real late in the lottery system. the buildings just happen to apply to the style you receive in the lottery. so apartment single may get you bricker. you cant CHOOSE any buildigs, and an avg of 90 will get you your first choice, for example single apartment, but does not give you preference of building.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kinnikinnik wrote
hey you have it completely wrong, you can't choose a building whatsoever. you apply for coed, single sex. apartment or dorm. single or double. you have choice one and two, you will get either based through a lottery or none if you're real late in the lottery system. the buildings just happen to apply to the style you receive in the lottery. so apartment single may get you bricker. you cant CHOOSE any buildigs, and an avg of 90 will get you your first choice, for example single apartment, but does not give you preference of building.

OHHHHH. KKKKKKK
do you know when you find out what building you are in/who your roommate is?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kieonsegg wrote

@kinnikinnik wrote

OHHHHH. KKKKKKK
do you know when you find out what building you are in/who your roommate is?

You will likely find out your roommate and residence style in July, and people often hunt roommates and floormates on facebook when the time comes. So be patient, everyone is awaiting that info, like myself :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0