yconic - Laurier Single Degree BBA vs Laurier Double Degree BBA/Fin Math
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Single Degree BBA vs Laurier Double Degree BBA/Fin Math

A photo of kevinlien kevinlien
Recently just got accepted to the DD BBA/Fin Math at Laurier, but I'm seriously reconsidering switching out to the regular BBA because of the intensity I'm hearing about the DD. Seems like math's crazy and the workloads going to be ridiculous. However, the co-op guaranteed is an option I'd like to keep.. Wondering if it's worth it to switch to BBA, and take the risk of co-op.. or to man up and do DD?

EDIT: Also, I'm considering of applying to Ivey second year, and wondering if its possible with DD, and/or BBA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You can always drop from DD to BBA- quite easily.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kevinlien kevinlien
During the school term ? ^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yep. Source: current Laurier students. I'm sure at some point it may get more difficult, but supposedly it's easy. BBA -> DD would be tough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Point one: the Double-Degree program is excellent and will look great if you choose to pursue a math-intensive career later on (such as that of a CFA). The BMath degree will, however, look better for those jobs.

Point two: due to the spread-out workload of the DD programs, it will likely be easier to transfer from a simple BBA to Ivey in your third year (and likely impossible from the DD).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
Like johnnycanuck said, you can always drop out.
Are you sure you're talking about the right DD program? The DD with Waterloo in Math/Business from Laurier is notoriously known for being difficult, because of the math, but I haven't heard that there was much difficulty about the BBA/BA at Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
Like johnnycanuck said, you can always drop out.
Are you sure you're talking about the right DD program? The DD with Waterloo in Math/Business from Laurier is notoriously known for being difficult, because of the math, but I haven't heard that there was much difficulty about the BBA/BA at Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0