yconic - Laurier vs Schulich
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier vs Schulich

A photo of bba2015 bba2015
Which school is the best for accounting?

Laurier has higher UFE pass rates and more gold medal winners. I believe Schulich UG is overrated because of their masters program. My dad went to Laurier and he always tells me how Laurier students had better opportunities than Schulich students. However, he left the decision up to me because both are known to be good schools.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
This is tough. I don't think you can go worng with either. There are definitely pros and cons to both.

I have been accepted to both and have not made up my mind on which I prefer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@bba2015 wrote
Laurier has higher UFE pass rates and more gold medal winners.

I don't think UFE rates by school are published. Also, the gold medal winners have all (or most) been grads of the Double Degree program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Dennis Kavelman got his BBA at Laurier and was a UFE Gold Medal Winner.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Where is your source that says laurier has a higher pass rate?

they stopped publishing them after 2008, the most recent one i could find was 2006, in which queens commerce and schulich students finished first with a 95% pass rate, and the runner ups were in the mid to high 80s

i found this over a week ago ill try to find you guys the ink, but if you google around, you'll find queens and schulich traditionally have the highest ufe pass rates
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SamayyL SamayyL
Well, both of them are great schools for accounting. While I believe Schulich has a more international recognition, that really doesn't matter too much for undergrad and Laurier has co-op opportunities. I'm in the same boat as you, currently leaning towards Schulich just because I've had family members go there who have nothing but great things to say about most of the faculty, assistance they received looking for jobs and the opportunities they found their to get involved in meaningful clubs and activities. Its just comforting to know that they had such a great time there.

Although, don't forget that you can great amazing opportunities at both the schools depending on how hard you work. Go visit the schools, look at the environment, residences, they are also a factor in making a decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
Where is your source that says laurier has a higher pass rate?

they stopped publishing them after 2008, the most recent one i could find was 2006, in which queens commerce and schulich students finished first with a 95% pass rate, and the runner ups were in the mid to high 80s

i found this over a week ago ill try to find you guys the ink, but if you google around, you'll find queens and schulich traditionally have the highest ufe pass rates

I think there were some in the 90s and Schulich and Queen's were tops at 95.
Was this helpful? Yes 0