yconic - Laurier Vs Waterloo Social Scene
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Vs Waterloo Social Scene

A photo of civicCA civicCA
How are the campuses in terms of diversity, party-study balance, and most important of all, hot girls :batman: . And i'm talking about the business programs about both universities. I would appreciate any input from students are either university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of thewright thewright

@civicCA wrote
How are the campuses in terms of diversity, party-study balance, and most important of all, hot girls :batman: . And i'm talking about the business programs about both universities. I would appreciate any input from students are either university.

Same, same.

Looks like we applied to similar programs as well ^.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman
Waterloo is probably a little more diverse than Laurier (larger school, attracts more international students, therefore more diversity). But both are somewhat diverse, although both have a somewhat large majority (Waterloo = Asian and Laurier = Caucasian). Call it what you want but there is a significant population of each at the respective institution I matched them to. But at both there are still plenty of other ethnicities. Maybe not quite as much as other schools.

Party-study balance depends on the individual. The stereotype is that Waterloo students spend their Fridays at DC studying while Laurier students are out getting wasted. But if you want to party you'll party. Waterloo has more rigorous programs so that does factor in. But Laurier is a 5 min walk down the road, so you can go to the same parties/bars/nightclubs as Laurier students. That being said, Laurier students are, in general, definitely more laid back and hence you will find it easier to party there (although that may be a bad thing).

If you want Asian girls, go to Waterloo. If you want Caucasian girls, go to Laurier. IMO Laurier wins hands-down in this area though (just sheer numbers).

Hope that helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of honourstudent101 honourstudent101

If you want Asian girls, go to Waterloo. If you want Caucasian girls, go to Laurier. IMO Laurier wins hands-down in this area though (just sheer numbers).

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of civicCA civicCA

@caveman wrote
Waterloo is probably a little more diverse than Laurier (larger school, attracts more international students, therefore more diversity). But both are somewhat diverse, although both have a somewhat large majority (Waterloo = Asian and Laurier = Caucasian). Call it what you want but there is a significant population of each at the respective institution I matched them to. But at both there are still plenty of other ethnicities. Maybe not quite as much as other schools.

Party-study balance depends on the individual. The stereotype is that Waterloo students spend their Fridays at DC studying while Laurier students are out getting wasted. But if you want to party you'll party. Waterloo has more rigorous programs so that does factor in. But Laurier is a 5 min walk down the road, so you can go to the same parties/bars/nightclubs as Laurier students. That being said, Laurier students are, in general, definitely more laid back and hence you will find it easier to party there (although that may be a bad thing).

Hope that helps.

Thanks man! that was really helpful
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uncotran Uncotran

@civicCA wrote

Diversity:
Laurier = white
UW = asian, brown, white; decent mix with asian being dominant; but you'll find clusters

Party-study balance:
Laurier = party days wednesday till sunday
UW = on occasion/big events, OR party with laurier

Hot girls:
Laurier = yep
UW = nop. Good ones are taken OR have 1234567890 guys hitting on them
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of briantfkwok briantfkwok
The BBA program at Laurier has a pretty balanced number of Asians, Browns and Caucasians. I was in BBA there for first year, and switched into HBA Psychology, and I'm the only Asian guy in the class.

Social scene at Laurier is crazy! if you get involved, especially with the student union, you'll somehow know EVERYBODY. Laurier's sorta like a giant high school (in a way), you'll always have to plan a few extra mins when you walk to class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thewright thewright

@briantfkwok wrote
The BBA program at Laurier has a pretty balanced number of Asians, Browns and Caucasians. I was in BBA there for first year, and switched into HBA Psychology, and I'm the only Asian guy in the class.

Social scene at Laurier is crazy! if you get involved, especially with the student union, you'll somehow know EVERYBODY. Laurier's sorta like a giant high school (in a way), you'll always have to plan a few extra mins when you walk to class.

Curious, why did you switch programs?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of briantfkwok briantfkwok

@thewright wrote

@briantfkwok wrote

Curious, why did you switch programs?

It just wasn't the right program for me, I took my electives in Intro to psych, and Film Studies, and I fell in love with psychology. I also couldn't see myself working for a huge business in the future, I love working with kids, so it just seemed more appropriate to switch.
Was this helpful? Yes 0