yconic - Laurier's BBA/BA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier's BBA/BA

A photo of ono ono
I applied to laurier's BBA/BA. I am very nervous right now because my average is only 88.
Is that enough? Is it a hard program? Will they send me offer for BBA instead if i don't get BBA/BA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
How good are your ECs?
Yes you will get an offer to BBA if you don't get it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses
My friend got in with a 89 average and I think the cut off is 87%. You must include your top 2 or 3 grade 11 marks into this average if you only finished 3/4 courses as of right now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
Also applied for this. For a non-semestered school, it's your top grade 12 marks (midterm or completed), right? For that, with the prereqs, I think I have an 89% (rounds up to 90%). Do I need to complete the ABS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@PaperPen wrote
Also applied for this. For a non-semestered school, it's your top grade 12 marks (midterm or completed), right? For that, with the prereqs, I think I have an 89% (rounds up to 90%). Do I need to complete the ABS?

Honestly any one with 88%+ average is set for this program. Just to be safe, complete the ABS for the additional +3. I think you'll get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
No ABS needed. I just got in. So if there is anyone out there who applied for this or BBA, go check your OUAC. Next round of acceptances are up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme
i just got accepted to lauriers bba... with only a mid 80's av around 84:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@danselikeme wrote
i just got accepted to lauriers bba... with only a mid 80's av around 84:P

Calculated with the March/April method?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My friend got in with a 85.5 average and his grade 11 marks were better. How are they calculating it now? With the ABS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Bossofbosses wrote
My friend got in with a 85.5 average and his grade 11 marks were better. How are they calculating it now? With the ABS?

ABS is NOT considered at this point.

At least 3 Grade 12 U/M courses and the remaining 3 can be Grdae 11 or Grade 12 U/M courses
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hurricaine Hurricaine
If I have 6 Grade 12 courses completed, will the still look at grade 11? Not including pre reqs?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Hurricaine wrote
If I have 6 Grade 12 courses completed, will the still look at grade 11? Not including pre reqs?

Yes, they will use your best marks, whether they be Grade 11 or Grade 12 U/M courses, as long as at least 3 are Grade 12 U/M courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of angelachen1 angelachen1
^ So Laurier can calculate your admission average with three grade 11 courses and three grade 12 courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mikey12y mikey12y
Yep ^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@angelachen wrote
^ So Laurier can calculate your admission average with three grade 11 courses and three grade 12 courses?

This is only before midterms.

So basically if you haven't received an offer by now, the next time they calculate your marks will be after midterms and will be all Grade 12 courses, no Grade 11
Was this helpful? Yes 0