yconic - Letter Typo?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Letter Typo?

A photo of dc116 dc116
Hi guys, I received a letter in April that read something like this:

Please accept my most sincere congratulations on being chosen as a University of Toronto Scholar for the 2011-2012 academic session. ...

The scholarship has a value of XXXX. It may be held in the University of Toronto at Mississauga at the University of Toronto and in conjunction with any other award you may be offered. ...

With best wishes,

Richard Levin

What? I am especially confused by the bolded part. What is the letter trying to say? Is the award available to me at U of T St. George or is it Mississauga only?

Thanks in advance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of BusterBaxter BusterBaxter
call them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
You'd think they would have learned to be clear in their communications given the volume of students they cater to on a yearly basis...guess not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MrSmith MrSmith
Mine says uft scarborough. Are you going to St. George? I am confused as to how to accept this award!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
That is not a typo at all. U of T addresses their campuses that way. Based on the letter, your scholarship can be redeemed only at UTM.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of unibound3355 unibound3355
Man thats not even the most confusing part. What does a scholarship value of XXXX mean. They must be baked.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Well, it's an incredibly roundabout way of saying $40.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MrSmith MrSmith

@unibound3355 wrote
Man thats not even the most confusing part. What does a scholarship value of XXXX mean. They must be baked.

He just didn't want to put the value down. But I'll be the heartbreaker though and just let everybody know that the value is of $5000. Only 350 of these awards to go around.
Was this helpful? Yes 0