yconic - Licensed Practical Nurse Program at Vancouver Community College
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Licensed Practical Nurse Program at Vancouver Community College

A photo of AimeeFrying AimeeFrying
Hey!
So I have course planning coming up this week, I have to pick courses for my Grade 12 year. I am trying to get into Licensed Practical Nurse Program at VCC. Their requirement says I need a C in Bio 12, a math and english test. I was actually planning to drop Grade 12 math, because I have been struggling with math for the past few years, but I was worried that I might need it to get in to the program. Except, it doesn't really say I would need Math 12.. so I was wondering if anyone knows if I would need to take Math 12, or have the knowledge of Math 12 to get into the Licensed Practical Nurse Program?
Thanks! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
If it says you need it, you need it. I think sometimes schools will let you in without it, but you have to make a REALLY good case about why you didn't take it... and "i didn't do well in math" isn't a good enough of a reason. Math is really important for nursing - especially if you ever plan on giving out meds, which you probably will.,
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
Program Specific
1) Grade 12 graduation (all applicants MUST have either Grade 12 graduation or the GED)

2) Biology 12 (Human Biology) grade of C or equivalent within the last 5 years

3) Proof of English Language Proficiency which includes a Canadian Language Benchmark of Listening 8, Speaking 8, Reading 8, and Writing 7

4) Successful completion of the VCC Health Sciences Math Assessment http://www.vcc.ca/assessments

this is what i found on their website. since you don't have to take the course make sure you find out what's on the math assessment
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I have friends who are looking at VCC's nursing program, as well as Kwantlen's.
I'm pretty sure you don't need it, but I think it's recommended, alongside with Chem 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0