yconic - Life Sci OUAC Questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Life Sci OUAC Questions

A photo of ocelot115 ocelot115
When I go to the OUAC website, I don't see a "Life Sciences" option in Queen's University (There is only "Kineseology" and "Science"). Does it have a different name? Same with York ("Kinesiology and Health Science" and "Biomedical Science").
Thanks in advance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Oh man...

I've answered a similar question to this a couple times already and I must say it's getting frustrating. Listen, one thing you should know about University is you'll need to do a lot of things to solve problems on your own and can't rely so much on others for help because then you'll be dependent and not independent.

I don't mean to come off as unpleasant towards you but you need to understand that just because a school doesn't have a program called "Life Sciences" doesn't mean they don't have "Life Sciences" lol...

The names differ.

It can be called either Biology, Biological & Medical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Life Sciences, or just Science. Everyone panics when they don't see Life Sciences listed as a major at the Institution that they are interested in because they believe "omg I need to get into specifically a program called Life Sciences or else I won't get into med school". If you don't know that Life Science is the same thing as Biology then you should of done more research.

If you want to do Life Science at Queens apply for Science.
If you want to do Life Science at York apply for Biology.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ocelot115 ocelot115

@Medic93 wrote
Oh man...

I've answered a similar question to this a couple times already and I must say it's getting frustrating. Listen, one thing you should know about University is you'll need to do a lot of things to solve problems on your own and can't rely so much on others for help because then you'll be dependent and not independent.

I don't mean to come off as unpleasant towards you but you need to understand that just because a school doesn't have a program called "Life Sciences" doesn't mean they don't have "Life Sciences" lol...

The names differ.

It can be called either Biology, Biological & Medical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Life Sciences, or just Science. Everyone panics when they don't see Life Sciences listed as a major at the Institution that they are interested in because they believe "omg I need to get into specifically a program called Life Sciences or else I won't get into med school". If you don't know that Life Science is the same thing as Biology then you should of done more research.

If you want to do Life Science at Queens apply for Science.
If you want to do Life Science at York apply for Biology.

Thanks mate! :D My research has been focusing on the programs rather than the names; maybe that's why I was confused. Glad that's solved- thanks for the quick reply :)

About York though- I'm wondering, why is it "Biology" and not "Biomedical Science"? The latter sounds much more relevant for med school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
York offers both Biology and Biomedical Sciences, apply to which ever one you want!
Was this helpful? Yes 0