yconic - Life Science, Health Science and BioMed Science.....what are the differences?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Life Science, Health Science and BioMed Science.....what are the differences?

A photo of crazyfrog007 crazyfrog007
Hello everybody

I applied to about 11 programs across southern Ontario and all of them are either Health Sciences, Life Sciences or BioMedical Sciences. I got into most of the programs I applied with the exception of Mac, UofT and Western. And those three are the ones I wanted to go to but I wouldn't mind going to uOttawa.

My dilemma is choosing between Life, Health or Biomed sciences. Could someone give me some brief information on the differences between these three programs and their advantages over others.

My career plans for the future are either Dentist, Pharmacist or Optometrist but I might also consider heading for a doctor.
Which program would be the best option for getting into the schools related to these careers? From what I've heard, you can go to these schools with either or the three programs. Is it true?

I know it is a lot of reading but I thank everybody who took the time to help a brother out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
I'm scared that someone with such great aspirations isn't even able to use the search function.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mrlee823 mrlee823
You can go to any of those programs with any degree in Canadal To answer your question, they are pretty much the same (give or take).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of crazyfrog007 crazyfrog007

@Jsonga wrote
I'm scared that someone with such great aspirations isn't even able to use the search function.

I did search for other threads but I wasn't able to find information that was clear for me. I got a little bit out of them but I needed more info.
Sorry about not mentioning that before.
Is there anything that you think you can tell me about the differences?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
http://www.uwo.ca/fhs/bhsc/PDFs/BHSc_vs_BSc_vs_BMSc.pdf

The only Health Sci that isn't more of a social science is Mac's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of missecret missecret
For everyone that is choosing to write [accepted] in their signature gives the impression that you accepted very offer you have been given. LOL. I would just highlight where I got an offer from in 'green.' Not saying it's completely wrong though, just funny.
Was this helpful? Yes 0