yconic - Life science related careers
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Life science related careers

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
What are some careers for life science students?:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of littleroom littleroom
You won't get a good job by finishing an undergraduate degree in the Life Sciences. If you decide to stay in the Life Sciences after 4 years still, you can go to medical school (the job prospects here are obvious), graduate school (which, if you're good and lucky and passionate enough, will eventually get you a job in academia, or you could look for a government job requiring your expertise), or teacher's college.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
You'll probably have to go to grad/professional school. You can go into pharm, med, optometry, dentistry, PT, OT, research, teaching, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
Well, I am having a difficult time making a decision..it's
either u of t engineering or mcgill biomed. Which one is better
in general? the major concern is that there're less job opportunities
if I go into life science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
With engineering, you have to prove yourself more in your career than in your schooling. With life science, if you can prove yourself in university, then you'll get into a professional school or graduate school and then have recruiters knocking at your door.

Ultimately it comes down to what you're best at and what you enjoy. That's what you have to figure out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0