yconic - Life Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Life Science

A photo of zainy1993 zainy1993
Hey, my average is 84.2%. Do u think I'll get into mcmaster/u of t st george life sci? I know i can bring up my marks by final but will they consider that? Im really stressed. My marks are all 80+ btw.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of link link
You have an average of 84% and applied to mcmaster health science? you're a funny guy lol. However, you might have a good shot at uoft life science, the range of acceptances is "low 80s to mid 80s".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@link wrote
You have an average of 84% and applied to mcmaster health science? you're a funny guy lol. However, you might have a good shot at uoft life science, the range of acceptances is "low 80s to mid 80s".

How is that funny? I think he has a good shot at both Universities.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@Cuiter23 wrote

@link wrote

How is that funny? I think he has a good shot at both Universities.

Good Luck!

It is indeed funny.
There is no chance for Mac HEALTH SCI - sorry.
You would need 92+ to even be considered.
But Mac LIFE SCI is a different story.
You might have a shot.
You DEFINITELY have a shot at U of T Life Sci.. they'll take almost anyone with 80+.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Hey! Not everyone lives in the real world. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can get into Mac HS with just a 84% average. It WILL happen.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of luckylion luckylion

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Hey! Not everyone lives in the real world. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can get into Mac HS with just a 84% average. It WILL happen.

I appreciate your encouragement.

But, facts are cruel sometimes.

I know that a minimum of 90% is required to be considered for the admission into McMaster's Health Science.
Some with 96%-98% did not make it last year...

84.2% might just be enough for Mac Life Science though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes, an 84.2% average is realistic for Mac life sci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeh well. I think i got really unlucky. Just came this year so i had to complete my 40 hours + take 9 courses, cuz they didnt give me credits for my o level result, and i wanted to graduate this year. Tried making friends in first semester but it didnt work out cuz they all thought i was a dumb@ss from pakistan. So my teacher paired me up with the worst partners for business. Not to mention that the highest in our school is a 92.4%...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Awwwe your average is still high enough for a lot of the programs you applied for still, not to worry.
Just not for Mac Health Sci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of minski minski
Your about 2.8% lower than the mean cutoff... improve to the mean range and I think you will be in luck :) !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, I know i can bring up my mark by final but that won't really count since all the uni's I applied to have their seats full before final. So it looks like this is my admission average...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Minski mustn't know the difference between "cutoff" and "entering average". You'd likely be S.O.L. if you were 2.8% lower than last year's cutoff, but with an average 2.8% lower than last year's entering average, you should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0