yconic - Life Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Life Science

A photo of zainy1993 zainy1993
Hey, I just got into UTSG life science in new college. I was just wondering whether its a good college in general. My friend told my all the potheads go there and it sucks. He also said that the libraries are specific to the colleges and u can't go to another college's library to study? Is the library at New College good and are they any hard-working, focused students there? Does it really matter which college you go to and does it affect ur grades? Also, I live in Mississauga, and im not sure whether i should go to UTM, UTSG or waterloo life science? I'm willing to study alot no matter which uni i plan on going to. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild

@zainy1993 wrote
Hey, I just got into UTSG life science in new college. I was just wondering whether its a good college in general. My friend told my all the potheads go there and it sucks. He also said that the libraries are specific to the colleges and u can't go to another college's library to study? Is the library at New College good and are they any hard-working, focused students there? Does it really matter which college you go to and does it affect ur grades? Also, I live in Mississauga, and im not sure whether i should go to UTM, UTSG or waterloo life science? I'm willing to study alot no matter which uni i plan on going to. Thanks.

curious, what was your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@zainy1993 wrote

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about.

1. No one cares about your college. It's there to make administrative duties easier and to give you a community to belong to. Trinity and Victoria are the hardest to get into and the most prestigious, but really, no one cares.

2. Potheads are everywhere. Even if it were true that they all selected New College (because potheads are very careful with their college choice), you don't move around with everyone else in your college. You make friends with whomever you get along with. There are no college boundaries.

3. Libraries are open to everyone. The one at New College sucks because of the computers (they're very slow and old). But, the basement is a good quiet place to study. I like Gerstein the best. You'll discover your favourite library once you get here.

4. Of course hard-working students are in New College. This is UTSG.

5. Again, your college choice doesn't matter. How would it even affect your grades?

6. I don't give advice on which university you should go to. Perhaps others can help you with that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0