yconic - Life Sciences Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Life Sciences Question

A photo of Paperwings Paperwings
Hello.

I am a high school student in grade 12. I attended the University of Mississaugua Campus Tour around November. At this visit I was informed that I could study anything for 2 years and then apply for UofT's St. George 2 year nursing program.

Knowing this I applied to UTM's Life Sciences program and selected Biology for Health Science as a major. But I'm not entirely sure if I choose the correct program. All other universities have "Nursing" clearly defined as the course focus. Can you please help me clarify this?

Also does Life Sciences (Biology for Health Science) lead to nursing?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
I do not know if life sci could lead to nursing, it probably can, you have to transfer. If you are talking about the OUAC website selection when referring to Biology for Health Science, then that is not a major. That is an area of interest, doesn't really mean anything. You major in second year university, so no worries.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
These types of questions should be directed to the university itself. You shouldn't place the fate of your next two years into the hands of the members of this forum.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@littleroom wrote
These types of questions should be directed to the university itself. You shouldn't place the fate of your next two years into the hands of the members of this forum.

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leah93 leah93
^agreed, when in doubt, call them and ask them ;) They were really nice and helpful the one time I called :)

Personally I wouldn't got to U of T(M) for Nursing, too much textbook work and not enough practical experience from what I've heard. And there isn't even a guarantee you're going to get into the Nursing School. Just my two cents ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0