yconic - Lost Student Council Election :(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Lost Student Council Election :(

A photo of iRamie iRamie
Suck it up buttercup. Not everyone wins everything - you should have known you were dealing with high school kids and what their maturity level is. I'm sure there's nothing that makes you more deserving than this other person.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
Suck it up buttercup. Not everyone wins everything - you should have known you were dealing with high school kids and what their maturity level is. I'm sure there's nothing that makes you more deserving than this other person.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@cosstickxx wrote

+1 Know the game you're playing, and play it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yeah, the way into the hearts of high school kids is not perfectly polished speeches filled with vibrant metaphors, but instead comedy and food.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
High school elections can't be taken too seriously.
It's usually a popularity gongshow to see who can make the most people laugh...
There will be other opportunities for you to take leadership roles!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I don't get why people can't just laugh at the funny guys and vote for someone who actually cares. It's not like anyone sees who you're voting for.. I would eat free cupcakes from someone but not vote for them :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
We voted for the funny candidate last year. It was a very... interesting year.

When he was advertising for a school dance, he messaged everyone on facebook and told them they can sneak in alcohol and he'll let them in. Needless to say... he lost his position. Twas an interesting year. Clubs aren't allowed using facebook anymore, and we haven't had a school dance since.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@chatmike wrote
We voted for the funny candidate last year. It was a very... interesting year.

When he was advertising for a school dance, he messaged everyone on facebook and told them they can sneak in alcohol and he'll let them in. Needless to say... he lost his position. Twas an interesting year. Clubs aren't allowed using facebook anymore, and we haven't had a school dance since.

Wow, that sounds chaotic indeed. And too bad it was all one person who decided to be a goof to ruin it for everyone...
Was this helpful? Yes 0