yconic - Low math mark-suggestions anyone?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Low math mark-suggestions anyone?

A photo of AudrisH AudrisH
Currently my marks are 85%-90% except for functions and I understand that this is a vital requirement into most business programs. Does anyone know any good programs that you can recommend to me that does not require math? Or if so, a lower mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321

@AudrisH wrote
Currently my marks are 85%-90% except for functions and I understand that this is a vital requirement into most business programs. Does anyone know any good programs that you can recommend to me that does not require math? Or if so, a lower mark?

that's a very broad question...

What tier business school are you looking for/what type of business area do you want to study/what kind of courses are pulling your mark down? (adv. function? calc? data?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
private/ summer school if not going to UT/LOO
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
Your math marks are fine for most business schools ( maybe not Waterloo). My math marks were within that range, and I still got into all the business schools I applied to. Don't stress out too much! Good luck on the application process:)

University of Western Ontario
Class of 2015
BMOS with AEO Status
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AudrisH AudrisH

@mundane12321 wrote

@AudrisH wrote

What tier business school are you looking for/what type of business area do you want to study/what kind of courses are pulling your mark down? (adv. function? calc? data?)

I'm looking at around management/human resources and currently advanced functions is dragging my entire average down. Please help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321

@AudrisH wrote

@mundane12321 wrote

@AudrisH wrote

I'm looking at around management/human resources and currently advanced functions is dragging my entire average down. Please help!

not u of t.
not waterloo (you're not good at math or plan to go into finance/accounting)

management is a very, very, very general area of business. like, anyone can go into management upon studying.. anything. you need to have solid background knowledge in every area of business studies such as marketing, operations, HR, accounting, etc do management. So i'll assume that you're looking into all rounded business schools.

if you can pull up your mark above 90% with good ECs, i'd say go with QC or ivey. both programs require no math (well for ivey depends what you study first two years) schulich might be a good choice too if you're okay with data (stats in first yr)

if your marks are going to be around mid 80s, i'd say laurier BBA. although there is a calculus course and stats course in the 2nd year, it's not as bad as math you would have to take in u of t or waterloo..
Was this helpful? Yes 0