yconic - Low OSAP Estimation
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Low OSAP Estimation

A photo of Keja Keja
I recently just submitted my OSAP application for the 2011/2012 school year starting in the fall. At the end of the application it gave me an estimation of $2,100.

I'm not sure how this could be correct because as of right now I'm not working and both of my parents have fairly low salaries. I know people who are getting a lot more than this and their parents make much more than mine, and there are still only 1-2 kids in their family.

Is there anything that I might have filled out wrong and is it possible to resubmit an application or edit it?

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You could try. It also depends on how much the program costs. You should be paying for part of your tuition every year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Keja Keja

@ARMY101 wrote
You could try. It also depends on how much the program costs. You should be paying for part of your tuition every year.

My parents have saved over $11,000 in RESPs. I plan on working this summer right now, but I'm holding off to hear from a particular place I've worked before.

With working this summer and the bursaries/scholarships I'm hoping to get most of my first year is paid for.

It's going to be tight, but that's the way it goes for everybody I guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zarathustra Zarathustra

@Keja wrote

@ARMY101 wrote

My parents have saved over $11,000 in RESPs. I plan on working this summer right now, but I'm holding off to hear from a particular place I've worked before.

With working this summer and the bursaries/scholarships I'm hoping to get most of my first year is paid for.

It gets adjusted later once everything is verified.

Hmm did you fill it out correctly? My parents make well over 500K combined and I received more than you. : /
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Penguineer Penguineer
^ Are you serious?!?!

Im an only child living with a single parent who makes about 120k and I got nothing! I only have about 10k in Resp, and some more saving. Hows that fair? I cant even apply for most scholarships at university because Im not deemed financial aid worthy by OSAP.
Do you have like 10 siblings or something??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Keja Keja

@Zarathustra wrote

@Keja wrote

@ARMY101 wrote

It gets adjusted later once everything is verified.

Hmm did you fill it out correctly? My parents make well over 500K combined and I received more than you. : /

I'm pretty sure I filled it out correctly. My parents don't even make over $100K combined. My mom had to find a new job a little over a year ago so she's making less now than see her did. I am also an only child.

I'm hoping I can go into the application in a bit and edit some stuff because this isn't fair at all...
Was this helpful? Yes 0