yconic - Lucid Dreams
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Lucid Dreams

A photo of lemony lemony
Has anyone ever attempted or experienced lucid dreaming? That is, a dream in which you are aware that you are dreaming? Supposedly it is quite fascinating because you can, obviously, do anything in your dreams and it will be very realistic to your brain. I guess while we are on the topic, what are your dreams usually like, if you can remember them? What are some of the weirdest or most interesting ones you have had?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
37 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
I was able to lucid dream when I was a kid, but I can't anymore. It was a really surreal feeling being able to control your dream. I can't remember anything about them specifically though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
^ Fairly similar. I don't remember much of anything about them. A few little bits and pieces, but I can't tell if they were from a regular dream or even real life. I don't dream anymore (although I hear you do, you just don't know it :colors:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of kraken kraken
A couple times, but it didn't occur to me to try to change stuff :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of RobinBC RobinBC
I find that I rarely remember my dreams any more. When I was little on the other hand, I would have dreams every night. Usually those dreams were nightmares, or at least thats that it felt like. I've never had a lucid dream, but there was one time that I fell so far into a daydream that it almost felt like I was dreaming. I wonder if there is a way to make your self have a lucid dream.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
This thread could turn very disgusting very fast
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@Qq wrote
This thread could turn very disgusting very fast

Or musical!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Rstudent9 Rstudent9
So what do you think happened at the end of that inception movie?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MausC MausC
I have Lucid dreamed quite a few times. Usually I'll wake up soon after, and quite often I'll wake up into a false awakening.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blake414 blake414
i have always wanted to lucid dream.
anyone have any tips for people to try?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of dancee dancee
I have had experiences where I know I'm having dreams inside of my dreams. It's almost ... claustrophobic feeling. Yes, this happened to me before I had any knowledge of Inception.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@MausC wrote
I have Lucid dreamed quite a few times. Usually I'll wake up soon after, and quite often I'll wake up into a false awakening.

I had one of those the other day. it was the scariest thing ever.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of swoodrow swoodrow
Once I had a dream, where I was in my living room, and happened to look at my hands and saw that one hand had 4 fingers and the other had 6. I immediately thought (in my dream): "God, it's a good thing I'm dreaming."
I woke up and had to double check my hands.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@swoodrow wrote
"God, it's a good thing I'm dreaming."

I have that all the time. The relief of realizing you're in/waking from a bad dream is incredible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
Yeah I have lots of lucid dreams its fun!! I fly.. More like float though xP
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leahquin leahquin
I regularly have lucid dreams, I have really weird dreams and I remember at least parts of almost every dream I've ever had. I have more memories from dreams than from real life...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of swoodrow swoodrow

@Zion wrote

@swoodrow wrote
"God, it's a good thing I'm dreaming."

I have that all the time. The relief of realizing you're in/waking from a bad dream is incredible.

Yeah, very much so. It makes you feel so much better!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Agacze Agacze
I always have lucid dreams!!! they are amazing. i'm usually flying around or jumping off cliffs. also getting shot feels wierd. just sayin. at least in my dream it does.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
:bounce: I just had my very first lucid dream :D I could change the settings of the dream and the speed I was moving, but somehow I decided to wake up...anyway, that was pretty cool
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
This sounds like Inception.
Hahah..
But I actually have lucid dreams quite often...
like.. every.. day...
LOL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Yeah, I've begun to have lucid dreams quite frequently now. It used to be something I trained myself to recognize would trigger them, like the light switches don't work, or something incredibly strange happening, but now it's nothing in particular. At first, upon realization I would freak out and wake up, but I've learned to stay sleeping.

I find it incredibly hard to do anything with my lucid dreams though. The direction of your dreams is largely based by your subconscious thoughts, so having your conscious (I could be using the wrong terms, but you get what I mean) try to rule above them requires an incredible amount of focus and I find myself not bearing enough concentration to do anything. Additionally, I often lose my lucidity and regress back to the normal dream.

The only notable thing I've done was this past week (in which I recalled a startling number of dreams) where I successfully teleported myself to Japan, however, I only remained there for a few minutes. I also once teleported myself up a flight of stairs to escape an attacker, into a building to save someone, and flew, among other things. My focus was initially to fly, but now it's on teleporting to some amazing landscapes. I hope to be able to create my own some day. The reality present in the scenery in lucid dreams is absolutely fascinating.
Was this helpful? Yes 0