yconic - Mac and Western Engineering offer timing
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mac and Western Engineering offer timing

A photo of Rulerofnofear Rulerofnofear
Guys, I'm a bit worried (just a bit :P) about Mac's and Western timing with respect to their offers of admission to their Engineering Programs. Here are my marks so far:

Sem 1 (done):
Adv. Functions: 93
English: 85
Physics: 92
Chemistry: 76

Sem 2:
Calc. -
Accounting-

I haven't heard anything from them yet although I'm above the cutoffs for both unis...well I repeated courses however...is that a factor? Well, both unis say they take highest mark...so it's funny how I haven't heard anything yet!

What do you guys think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I agree. Something weird is certainly going on. One of my friend had an 86% avg (first sem), and already got accepted to Mac and Queen's for Engineering. He did not even have a high Adv Func mark (he had a low 80). In contrast, I have 85% accumulated avg from a hell first semester (90 adv, 90 chem, 84 phy, 77 eng) and have not heard from Mac yet. They sent acceptances yesterday though. I guess both of us have to wait for a little while...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
I got accepted yesterday with an average just over 85, so don't fret, it's coming soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Arka Arka
its because their cutoff AT THIS POINT IN ACCEPTANCES for engineering is 86%. anyone with a total avg below that hasn't got an offer yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly

@Arka wrote
its because their cutoff AT THIS POINT IN ACCEPTANCES for engineering is 86%. anyone with a total avg below that hasn't got an offer yet.

My average is 85.2%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Arka Arka

@jelly wrote

@Arka wrote

My average is 85.2%.

hmm thats weird because i asked them on twitter and this was their exact reply
"Eng is currently at 86%, Bus is currently @ 84%. we won't know what the final min. avg for all progs. will be until ~May." (i asked about business for a friend of mine)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
That's odd. Then I'm assuming they used my gr 11 equivalents for courses that I'm missing.
Marks:
SPH4U: 82
Bunch of electives: 83, 84, 85
MHF4U: 92

ENG3U: 94
SCH3U: 84
MCR3U: 83
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of salman2323 salman2323
actually i have a friend with an 84.8 average and he recently got accepted
Was this helpful? Yes 0