yconic - mac life sci entrance average drop.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

mac life sci entrance average drop.

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
My friend just got into Mcmaster Life sciences with an overall top six average of 86%. (5th year of HS). Just to let everyone know, it seems like the cut off dropped from last year. Last year normal acceptance cut off was 87%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of AlexB1993 AlexB1993
I got an early acceptance with an 88% average. My midterm marks were:

Biology 12 - 93%
Chemistry 12 - 88%
English 12 - 86%
Politics 12 - 89%
Philosophy - 90%
Calculus and Vectors - 83%

In the official package that I received in the mail, I was told to maintain an 84% average in order to have a 100% chance of being accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MaxwellEdison MaxwellEdison
*ONE OF THE FEW TIMES BILLYSHEARS WILL EVER BE SERIOUS*

There should be a higher cutoff. There are some really stupid people that I've met in Life Sci this year. I always wonder how they had high 80 averages in high school and how someone of my superior intellect can be associated with the same undergraduate program as some of these rejects...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AlexB1993 AlexB1993
I wholeheartedly agree, Maxwell. There's this girl in my class who is simply terrible in the science/mathematics department, although she tries really hard, she can never get above 80%. She got mid 70s in Calculus, Chemistry, and Biology. But in English, Art, and Music, she had 95+ so she got into most Life Sci programs...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MaxwellEdison MaxwellEdison

@AlexB1993 wrote
I wholeheartedly agree, Maxwell. There's this girl in my class who is simply terrible in the science/mathematics department, although she tries really hard, she can never get above 80%. She got mid 70s in Calculus, Chemistry, and Biology. But in English, Art, and Music, she had 95+ so she got into most Life Sci programs...

Tell her good luck in Life Sci... math and science is literally all we do (obviously). I've always excelled in maths and sciences and even I saw the inevitable 10% drop in my grades... most people dropped more. Saying this, I am only putting in about an equal amount of effort into academics as I did in grade 12, which was next to nothing, so first year Life Sci really isn't that hard if you're strong in math/science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
Does this mean the admissions lady lied to me in the uni fair?, She said the MINIMUM was 87 last year and now i hear from another friend that he got in with an 85.2%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0