yconic - Mac Life sciencs vs UWO Health sciences / Bio Med
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mac Life sciencs vs UWO Health sciences / Bio Med

A photo of sjaoneone sjaoneone
So I'm stuck between these too, the advantage to Mac is that I'm closer to home and more of my friends are attending Mac. I don't really see many advantages to UWO but I feel like I'll enjoy it better than Mac but I'm worried I might not be able to maintain the average for the Bio med program where as in Mac I'm almost guaranteed a spot in the program. I just wanted to know really which would be more enjoyable, easier (although I know their all tough but really what I'm asking is where would I be able to get more aid or help to do better in school).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of LordNerd LordNerd
Biomed asked me to keep a lower average than life sci did. Are you sure you do not have them mixed up?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@sjaoneone wrote
So I'm stuck between these too, the advantage to Mac is that I'm closer to home and more of my friends are attending Mac. I don't really see many advantages to UWO but I feel like I'll enjoy it better than Mac but I'm worried I might not be able to maintain the average for the Bio med program where as in Mac I'm almost guaranteed a spot in the program. I just wanted to know really which would be more enjoyable, easier (although I know their all tough but really what I'm asking is where would I be able to get more aid or help to do better in school).

Just go to the University that you feel fits you best. Do you feel like a Mac student or a Western student? You're going to get a solid education at both of those universities so just pick the one that feels like best fit for you.

@LordNerd wrote
Biomed asked me to keep a lower average than life sci did. Are you sure you do not have them mixed up?

He means at university not high school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cml0103 cml0103
Both schools are equally reputable and ideal for science oriented people si I think you should go with what school feels right. Have you visited Western or Mac yet? I think that will definetely help you make your decision if you havn't. Personally, I picked Western because the campus was beautiful and really lively. Just walking through it I felt like this is where I wanted to be. Macmaster felt a bit mundane to me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0