yconic - Mac or PC?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mac or PC?

A photo of firmament104 firmament104
That's how I choose the winners in this forum. jk.

Hi, I'm a mac. :D

But, really, maybe we should discuss the pros and cons of each...or just flat out have a Mac vs. PC brawl - but that could get messy. ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
113 replies

A photo of MeganBackoski MeganBackoski
I'm a PC... who is saving up relentlessly to be a Mac.
By September it will happen!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
oh god not this again. go to the old forum and use the search function.

I'm a Linux who would be a Mac if she were rich.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm a PC but I will be a Mac by June hopefully. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kraken wrote

I didn't use the old forum. Plus mac discussions are SO much fun. ;P

My Mac wasn't too bad...it was 1,100 for a 13 inch pro. I got windows office with it for free. If you count all the software I don't have to pay for and the fact I won't have to replace it in 2 years...then it's not that bad. The killer is the $300 warranty plus taxes. Came out to 1,600 total. A little much for my taste.

How's Linux? I didn't really like Windows.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
PC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I don't really care. I've had a PC and i've used ubuntu and i've used a mac for graphic design. the mac was pretty slick tho.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
I'm a PC currently. I'm debating between Mac and PC for my university laptop.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Obviously PC.

This has already been discussed at length. No need for yet another discussion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^^ so I've been told. Sorry for not knowing since I didn't use the old forum. "MY BAD."

Just wanted to discuss something awesome, and Mac is awesome...so perfect fit. ;)

@awaysheflew - What are you going into? If you're just going to be working with word documents and surfing the internet, a windows machine will do just fine. If you're more into the arts, music/film/photography/graphic design, a Mac would defs be the way to go.
Generally, Macs last longer. You don't have to worry about loading certain software on it either. The battery lasts longer and it's (as previously noted) very slick.
Cons include compatibility issues for sure. Especially using WMA files for music or opening certain documents. Very easy to use but takes some getting used to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancee dancee
I love both. I was given a Macbook for my birthday and obviously wasn't going to turn it down.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@firmament104 wrote
^^ so I've been told. Sorry for not knowing since I didn't use the old forum. "MY BAD."

Just wanted to discuss something awesome, and Mac is awesome...so perfect fit. ;)

@awaysheflew - What are you going into? If you're just going to be working with word documents and surfing the internet, a windows machine will do just fine. If you're more into the arts, music/film/photography/graphic design, a Mac would defs be the way to go.
Generally, Macs last longer. You don't have to worry about loading certain software on it either. The battery lasts longer and it's (as previously noted) very slick.
Cons include compatibility issues for sure. Especially using WMA files for music or opening certain documents. Very easy to use but takes some getting used to.

Ignore him, he has something stuck in his bum

As for this.. PC is my personal preference but Macs are worth the money and last much longer
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of natabeezle natabeezle
I got my first Mac (the computer I'm currenty using) in August and I love it. So yeah, Mac user over here. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
PC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@firmament104 wrote

@kraken wrote

I didn't use the old forum. Plus mac discussions are SO much fun. ;P

My Mac wasn't too bad...it was 1,100 for a 13 inch pro. I got windows office with it for free. If you count all the software I don't have to pay for and the fact I won't have to replace it in 2 years...then it's not that bad. The killer is the $300 warranty plus taxes. Came out to 1,600 total. A little much for my taste.

How's Linux? I didn't really like Windows.

You can still search on it even if you didn't use it!

Macs are ridic expensive and that is a dumb price.

Linux is chills but just make sure you have a programmer on hand who can fix the bugs for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of simplySimple simplySimple
currently a pc.. would like to be a mac someday
besides a mac, are there any other good brands out there>>
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
^ Do you mean any good operating systems? Linux...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of simplySimple simplySimple
lol ya I guess i worded that weird , but I meant like reliable laptops to buy (hp, dell, etc)
and I'm scared to use linux because I would not know how to fix it if something went wrong :s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote

Mac is a brand just as much the operating system their computers come with.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of veronikab veronikab
I've been a PC my whole life, but I think that if I could afford a macbook I would go for it! haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion

@ARMY101 wrote

@Zion wrote

But Mac OSs only come on Mac computers so that question doesn't make sense.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ARMY101 wrote

@Zion wrote

That's the other thing to keep in mind. The one thing I hate about the Mac is that most of the stuff available for it is done by Apple. There are hardly any third party - more reasonably priced - software or such. There is, but it's harder to find. Apple likes keeping a monopoly in what you can use for your computer.
That being said...I love my MacPro lol.

Oh, other thing I forgot to mention is that you can use Windows on a Mac too, but not Mac on a Windows. So, yeah, Mac OS's are only available on Macs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of myrakhan myrakhan
I don't like the Mac OS.

NO HP. THEY ARE HORRIBLE AND WILL DIE ON YOU WITHIN TWO YEARS. Macs definitely are long lasting. But I think I'm a PC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of alexdenn alexdenn
I have a PC but going to be a Mac soon!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted