yconic - Mac or Queens Kin?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mac or Queens Kin?

A photo of Xoria Xoria
Mac has awesome Kin, and they take like 200 people, but Queens only 40-90 people. My average is med 80s right now. I want to do sports medicine later. Should I bother with queens?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of cookietiara cookietiara
I applied to Queen's. I didn't think it was that competitive though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Calcaneus Calcaneus
I also have a decision to make between Queen's and McMaster. I think that McMaster is more of a well established program, whereas Queen's is a relatively newer program. There seems to be very little info on the Queen's program, likely due to the small number of people and its newness.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Caillou Caillou
Did you know Hamilton has the most Tim Hortons per square kilometer in North America?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cowmanwow Cowmanwow

@Caillou wrote
Did you know Hamilton has the most Tim Hortons per square kilometer in North America?

no i didnt, thanks for the info
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Cowmanwow wrote

@Caillou wrote

no i didnt, thanks for the info

No problem, glad I could help. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think I would choose Mac simply because the city of Hamilton and the campus is absolutely gorgeous. It shines with the brightness of a thousand suns, while the Queens campus is just, meh (comparable to Waterloo).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Caillou wrote
I think I would choose Mac simply because the city of Hamilton and the campus is absolutely gorgeous. It shines with the brightness of a thousand suns, while the Queens campus is just, meh (comparable to Waterloo).

Really? I've actually heard otherwise; apparently Mac's campus is average while the Queens Campus is great. Waterloo, on the other hand, supposedly has a dreadful campus. I think that I'm going to choose Mac in the end just because its a bit closer to home.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uncotran Uncotran

@Calcaneus wrote

@Caillou wrote

Really? I've actually heard otherwise; apparently Mac's campus is average while the Queens Campus is great. Waterloo, on the other hand, supposedly has a dreadful campus. I think that I'm going to choose Mac in the end just because its a bit closer to home.

If youre choosing based on city/campus then you really don't care about education do you?

Queens is a party school... Mac is soso from what I've heard. Waterloo, yes, is dreadful for parties and overall the city sucks. But in terms of program, Mac and UW are the best. Queens is getting there, but not quite yet. I'd rather York or Western
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jeffyh jeffyh

@Caillou wrote

Are you kidding me? Queen's campus is beautiful! Old ivy-covered limestone buildings, park-like, right on the water. I've been to McMaster and although decent, isn't anywhere near as nice as Queen's. And don't get me started on Hamilton vs. Kingston - although Kingston's smaller, its SUCH a nice town. #4 best place to live in Canada! http://www.aspect.bc.ca/resources/top-canadian-cities-young-professionals-work-and-live-revealed-next-generation-consulting

Anyway, I don't know much about how the programs compare, but I had to challenge the comparison to Waterloo haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jeffyh wrote

@Caillou wrote

Are you kidding me? Queen's campus is beautiful! Old ivy-covered limestone buildings, park-like, right on the water. I've been to McMaster and although decent, isn't anywhere near as nice as Queen's. And don't get me started on Hamilton vs. Kingston - although Kingston's smaller, its SUCH a nice town. #4 best place to live in Canada! http://www.aspect.bc.ca/resources/top-canadian-cities-young-professionals-work-and-live-revealed-next-generation-consulting

Anyway, I don't know much about how the programs compare, but I had to challenge the comparison to Waterloo haha.

Ya you're right I guess Haha. Last time i visited Waterloo the grass wasn't even green. It was in the middle of summer too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Any opinions on western kin compared to queens and Mac Kin?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Calcaneus wrote

ya the kin at western is a really tight group. Everyone helps each other out, im sure the feeling of kinship at queens and mac are similar.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Caillou wrote

@Calcaneus wrote

ya the kin at western is a really tight group. Everyone helps each other out, im sure the feeling of kinship at queens and mac are similar.

Any idea about the overall difficulty, profs, courses, etc?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Calcaneus wrote

@Caillou wrote

@Calcaneus wrote

Any idea about the overall difficulty, profs, courses, etc?

Have you tried searching that up using Google street view?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

someone told me to bump this thread
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idotknow idotknow
QUEENS :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0