yconic - Mac Social Science to Commerce transfer, or Ryerson?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mac Social Science to Commerce transfer, or Ryerson?

A photo of Blistex Blistex
So I realized my 81.66 won't make it into mcmasters business program, I was wondering what you guys think of going into Economics at mac and atempting a transfer or just going to Ryerson?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

bump anyone
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of koreanhendrix93 koreanhendrix93
Either is fine, I suppose, although I'd rather lean on the Mac side.
Just my 2 cents.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

the only problem is, what if I don't end up transferring :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of koreanhendrix93 koreanhendrix93
I don't think a BA at Mac is so bad, but what did you apply for at Ryerson?
Although DeGroote Commerce isn't THAT great (not BAD by any means), compared to a lot of the other places, I'd say it's farther than Ryerson.
Good luck bud!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed

@Blistex wrote
So I realized my 81.66 won't make it into mcmasters business program, I was wondering what you guys think of going into Economics at mac and atempting a transfer or just going to Ryerson?

Thanks

Well, what do you want to do? And what are the different costs associated with each choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I applied to business management at Ryerson. I'm thinking of getting my CA designation.

And I do realize the different costs, benefits and whatnot. I'm just honestly in love with Mac and want to go to mac but I dont think my average will cut it. I applied to econ in hopes of transferring but there are the chances of me not being able to transfer.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed

@Blistex wrote
I applied to business management at Ryerson. I'm thinking of getting my CA designation.

And I do realize the different costs, benefits and whatnot. I'm just honestly in love with Mac and want to go to mac but I dont think my average will cut it. I applied to econ in hopes of transferring but there are the chances of me not being able to transfer.

If you're in love with Mac, I would go to Mac. Without a doubt!

I'm assuming that the Econonmics program doesn't let you get to your CA designation but transferring into the business program shouldn't be too difficult, given that you keep your average up.

Also, you may just get accepted (I don't remember when the final acceptances come out, sorry) and get into the program.

I know for CA designations, Ryerson has 51 credit hours so you can go to either school, technically. But if you enjoy Mac, go for it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dancecubed wrote

@Blistex wrote

If you're in love with Mac, I would go to Mac. Without a doubt!

I'm assuming that the Econonmics program doesn't let you get to your CA designation but transferring into the business program shouldn't be too difficult, given that you keep your average up.

Also, you may just get accepted (I don't remember when the final acceptances come out, sorry) and get into the program.

I know for CA designations, Ryerson has 51 credit hours so you can go to either school, technically. But if you enjoy Mac, go for it!

I heard it is really difficult to transfer !! Thats why I have no idea what to do. Honestly I wasnt thinking of backups, I just wanted McMaster for Business haha.

So now I'm stuck and yea I guess I do have a chance but Since admissions went up this year I dont think I do :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sefear Sefear
Personally what I'm doing is going to Ryerson, since you already know I'm in the same situation as you. The reason I'm not really into the idea of going into the arts stream is cause I really like business and couldn't see myself doing anything else.

Depending on how much I like Ryerson I might stay or might transfer next year, but either way I'll still be majoring in business. Besides I think living downtown Toronto right by Bay street would be a great experience, (since I'm from the suburbs). I'd imagine the transfer into the commerce program at mac would be the same internally and for people coming from other schools, thats why I plan on heading the Ryerson route instead of keeping myself out of business.

But your call man
Was this helpful? Yes 0