yconic - Mac vs. UWO?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mac vs. UWO?

A photo of brandonroy brandonroy
So I was accepted to Mac for Life Sci in February and everything was good to go, I was excited, I saw the campus and loved it. In the meantime, about two weeks later I got accepted to the Health Sci program at Western and was thinking about doing a 5 year dual credit with the Richard Ivey School of Business.
So May rolls around and I still haven't accepted anywhere yet, and the day I was going to accept at Mac, I got an e-mail from Ivey saying I got AEO Status. So now I've got a dilemma again.
Can someone sway my vote, and I know it's my decision and only I can make it, and blah blah blah, but I want some solid points to help me choose!
HELP!

BRoy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
AEO status definitely sweetens the deal. You have the opportunity to end up with a degree from Ivey, which is worth a lot more than any life science degree alone (i.e. without any further education like professional school). It leaves a nice door open for you, that's for sure. That's about the only considerable difference I can think of.

Also, health science at Western is probably not what you want, if life science is what you applied to elsewhere. Biology/medical science is likely what you want.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stack444 stack444
yeah, health sci at UWO is completely different than health sci at Mac, hope you know
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Western!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano
Western Western Western Western!! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted