yconic - MAC VS WATERLOO VS WESTERN
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

MAC VS WATERLOO VS WESTERN

A photo of ilovesushi ilovesushi
[size=7][/size]
so far i've visited mcmaster and waterloo, im going to western on saturday.

to be honest i HATED mcmaster's campus.. its so damn depressing and everyone seems so tense, i hated the feeling i got there.. it wasnt what i imagined university would feel like.. didnt really fit in with the happyfun picture i invisioned.

I LOVED WATERLOO.. go ahead and hate :) everyone was smiley and helpful, the campus was NOT depressing, it was so pretty. REV rez was heaven compared to macs crappy excuse of a living environment.

the only reason i'd want to go to mac is because of their health sci program.. if i get in and dont go id be an idiot.. so can someone enlighten me on the social scene at mac?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Why are you asking people for that? YOU are the one who visited. People should be asking YOU about the social scene at McMaster.
You said in your very post that it was depressing and crappy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
Off-topic, but: Erm i wouldn't think social setting would be THAT big of a deal if your going into the health sciences. It's pretty universally known Mac Health Sci is pretty high up there renown wise, you'd genuinely take Waterloo Life Sci over Mac Health Sci because you prefer the campus better?

In regards to which is better, as the above poster said you've already determined that! What would be the purpose of someone saying they hate Waterloo's campus? You already think it's nice, so what does it matter what other people think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Which rez did you visit? I lived in Keyes at Mac and loved it.

I went to Mac for undergrad and have visited Waterloo a bunch of times and definitely prefer Mac's campus. Waterloo has too many geese/geese poop. People were probably "tense" at Mac because everyone's in the middle of midterms.

I'm at Guelph now and I miss Mac's social scene. Nothing will ever compare to the Hess Village's bar/club scene in Hamilton imo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I visited Whidden and Les Princes, wasn't a fan :(

maybe i visited the uni on a bad day, and im asking in case i did. cus i only hear positive things about mac from others.. im going again to visit on friday to make sure because i really do love the program
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Respects wrote

@ilovesushi wrote
[size=7][/size]
so far i've visited mcmaster and waterloo, im going to western on saturday.

to be honest i HATED mcmaster's campus.. its so damn depressing and everyone seems so tense, i hated the feeling i got there.. it wasnt what i imagined university would feel like.. didnt really fit in with the happyfun picture i invisioned.

I LOVED WATERLOO.. go ahead and hate :) everyone was smiley and helpful, the campus was NOT depressing, it was so pretty. REV rez was heaven compared to macs crapty excuse of a living environment.

the only reason i'd want to go to mac is because of their health sci program.. if i get in and dont go id be an idiot.. so can someone enlighten me on the social scene at mac?

Mac's campus was depressing? Your joking right cause people here like to chill more than study, including me. Social life and athletics make a large part of this university. Did you come here on the weekend because nothing happens on weekends when all the students are at home?

Yeah :s i went on the saturday for fall preview
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of chickenfingerlove chickenfingerlove
Western will definitely offer you the best social scene. Oh yeah.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CaptainMoUWO CaptainMoUWO
People bus from other universities to western to go HARD!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You're scaring me, and so is my friends (friend) who goes to McMaster and lives on residence. I will not allow all these negative comments influence my decision because I have a feeling McMaster will be great. I live in Hamilton, but I've never visited the McMaster campus before. As for Hamilton, I really like it. People say it's an ugly city and talk trash about it all the time but I enjoy it way more than Mississauga where I lived for 17 years of my life. I'll visit all the campuses before making a decision when that time comes. From what I know, everyone's Post-Secondary experience is different and it totally relies on the effort you put in towards being social.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
Western is wild. Here, everyone smokes pot and has sex almost every weekend, and sometimes at the same time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Mac Health Sci is over rated.
Western social scene is over rated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Yaroslav64 Yaroslav64
I'm a student at Mac and I've partied with friends at western so I'll give you my opinion. Mac has a fairly good social life, there are keggers and house parties every weekend but there arent really any raging parties in rez. At Western they party in rez all the time but there arent many good house parties or keggers. When I partied at western it was a good time but honestly really overrated. I would still say western has a better social life than mac but not by as much as people seem to think.

As for the campus, Mac's campus is gorgeous I dont know what you saw. There's a perfect mix of old gothic style buildings with vines creeping up and newer engineering/science buildings. Theres a large green space right in the centre of campus and plenty of vegetation everywhere. Some of the american pie movies were actually shot on Mac's campus.
Western's campus was also nice but I havent spent enough time there sober to give you a real opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0