yconic - MADE SOME ERRORS IN MY QUEENS ESSAYS - HELP :(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

MADE SOME ERRORS IN MY QUEENS ESSAYS - HELP :(

A photo of maynards maynards
i'm freaking out right now, i made a few mistakes in my essays that i just found out about.

I wrote ".. but also help" when it's supposed to be "but it also helped"

I wrote "have ability" when it's supposed to be "have the ability"

I also forgot an "and" in one of my sentences.

Will these errors kill my chances? I know my essay content is pretty good but i'm so worried about these mistakes.

please reply
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What do you expect us to tell you? Before submitting my SAF for U of T I had my friend proof read it to make sure there are no errors. You should always have someone else proof read important writing which will have to be submitted.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

are my chances pretty much gone? ugh. i'm so mad at myself
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm seriously not familiar with how much of an impact the Queens PSE has on your admission status. I won't lie those kind of mistakes aren't good but that was the past, keep your marks high and see what happens.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite
I'm also not sure how they grade the PSEs, but my guess is that it would have some impact since it wasn't timed and you were free to have it proofread like a million times. But I don't think it would destroy your chances, especially if your content was excellent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I misspelled Queen's on my PSE and got accepted (mind you I was waitlisted :P)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
They do look at syntax, register, grammars, etc. but they are less important than content. As long as your content is great, it won't matter imo. Don't worry!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thanks for the feedback guys! I really hope those mistakes won't prevent me from getting in :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CMA2014 CMA2014

@maynards wrote
i'm freaking out right now, i made a few mistakes in my essays that i just found out about.

I wrote ".. but also help" when it's supposed to be "but it also helped"

I wrote "have ability" when it's supposed to be "have the ability"

I also forgot an "and" in one of my sentences.

Will these errors kill my chances? I know my essay content is pretty good but i'm so worried about these mistakes.

please reply

After you make the 87% cutoff, your admission depends entirely on PSE+Commerce Essay. How do you make such elementary mistakes... lmfao. You clearly do not belong in the Canada's premier business program if you can't proofread your admission essay. Do yourself a favour and go to Schulich or something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
Kay, seriously just chill and don't worry about it so much. Do you know how many posts I've seen on here in the past few days saying "omg omg I did x y and z wrong in my supplementary application for ____________ school will they reject me now?????"

I'm pretty sure most applications will have minor mistakes in them. I can tell you that I wrote 2/3 of my essays for the Queen's MES application the same afternoon that I sent them, proofread like twice and ran to the post office. I only realized after that my essays had like 2-3 major typos in them. I still won Chancellor's, which is considerably more competitive than getting into Commerce.

So basically, I can't say for sure that the errors won't hurt your chances, but you still have a decent chance if your overall application was strong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0