yconic - Maintaining your uni acceptance! help ;(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Maintaining your uni acceptance! help ;(

A photo of ottawa1234 ottawa1234
Hi!,

I have not got accepted to any University yet,but with these midterm grades I am at an 82% so I have hope. I came across on Carelton University, a page, which lists what marks, by program, you have to acheive in order to maintain your acceptance for this year.

My question is, are those marks that I see considered the new cutoffs for this years applicants.

For example, I applied for policy management at Carelton...when I applied the cut off from last year was 80-84%, but I check the "Maintaining your acceptance" section and for this upcoming year it said you need to acheive only a 78%....does that mean with an 82 i will get accepted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of seasharp seasharp
The cut-offs for the program to get accepted are the "Admission Requirements" listed in the Viewbook. Once you receive a conditional offer, that basically means "We'll still let you come here, IF your final marks are [whatever they state]."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xkacha12 xkacha12
So the cut off of 80%-84% is the recommended average to get into the BPAPM program and once you get accepted you have to maintain a 78% average
you have a pretty good chance of getting in because i got accepted in january with a 80% average so i think you should be good :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kareemy Kareemy

@ottawa1234 wrote
Hi!,

I have not got accepted to any University yet,but with these midterm grades I am at an 82% so I have hope. I came across on Carelton University, a page, which lists what marks, by program, you have to acheive in order to maintain your acceptance for this year.

My question is, are those marks that I see considered the new cutoffs for this years applicants.

For example, I applied for policy management at Carelton...when I applied the cut off from last year was 80-84%, but I check the "Maintaining your acceptance" section and for this upcoming year it said you need to acheive only a 78%....does that mean with an 82 i will get accepted?

You should be fine. I have lots of friends that got in with low 80s, and Arts is the least demanding, marks-wise, usually. Perhaps they give preference to domestic students, as I feel all universities do, but you'll be fine nonetheless.
Was this helpful? Yes 0