yconic - Major + Entrance Scholarships? Is this possible?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Major + Entrance Scholarships? Is this possible?

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Hey, I know that some universities, they don't allow you to receive both a major and an entrance scholarship, but are there universities that do allow you to?
I know Carleton lets you only receive one or the other but how about Western? Or other schools?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Marvel Marvel
Hey... Since noones answering..
I'm pretty sure none will. If a school is giving you a major scholarship that is.
Some schools give you $1000 for having a 90 average or whatever, in which case I'm sure they'd let you.
But I don't think there are any schools that would give you (I.e. Queen's) 36,000 and let you take something like TD worth 70,000 too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack
how about for Queens, would you be able to get the 36K and also the 8K for having the 95+ average? that seems like alot.. since most ppl who get chancellors will have quite a high average
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Roy Roy

@Marvel wrote
Hey... Since noones answering..
I'm pretty sure none will. If a school is giving you a major scholarship that is.
Some schools give you $1000 for having a 90 average or whatever, in which case I'm sure they'd let you.
But I don't think there are any schools that would give you (I.e. Queen's) 36,000 and let you take something like TD worth 70,000 too.

I'm pretty sure you can if you actually won both, I read in the newspaper a while back that a girl received something like 200k in total worth of scholarship for 4 years
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
At Queen's, I'm very sure that you can keep them both if you win them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0